The Ecstatic

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Guest

    #1

    The Ecstatic

    Auditorium: hip hop.

    [YOUTUBE]UT-hYXqTN38[/YOUTUBE]
  • Guest

    #2
    Supermagic

    [YOUTUBE]WEpcweXVJh8[/YOUTUBE]

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #3
      Wow, Auditorium is awesome. I loved it. Thanks for posting it. I hadn't heard it before. Is the rest of the disc as good?

      That hook was mesmerizing. It had an old school vibe....like something from a Fellini movie or even a vintage Blake Edwards clip, much like the early Pink Panther movies that took Peter Sellers to Middle Eastern cities like Lugash.

      That is the problem with digital downloads....you can't sit and read the liner notes because there are none. I would love to know where he sampled that hook.

      I am going to listen to that one again right now.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • Tim
        Not Banned
        • Nov 2008
        • 4390

        #4
        That's fantastic.
        Visca Catalunya Lliure

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #5
          The second track, Supermagic, also seems to have a heavy Arabic, Turkish, or other Middle Eastern vibe to it. Is it a common theme throughout the disc?

          I don't know much about Mos Def. Is he Islamic?

          I really like these tracks. That Auditorium blows me away, much more than Supermagic. It is an amazing track.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • Guest

            #6
            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            The second track, Supermagic, also seems to have a heavy Arabic, Turkish, or other Middle Eastern vibe to it. Is it a common theme throughout the disc?
            For sure. Along with a sixties jazzy back drop. Lots of it is almost trip hop.

            The other track I liked was "Revelations". Many of the tracks are very tight; it might be one of the top releases of '09.

            Like you, I was taken aback by Auditorium. I listen to it three times in a row; it's best with headphones.

            [youtube]KAd-N9hug6M[/youtube]
            Last edited by Guest; 07-14-2009, 10:33 PM. Reason: added vid

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #7
              Originally posted by 8BR View Post
              For sure. Along with a sixties jazzy back drop. Lots of it is almost trip hop.

              The other track I liked was "Revelations". Many of the tracks are very tight; it might be one of the top release of '09.

              Like you, I was taken aback by Auditorium. I listen to it three times in a row; it's best with headphones.
              I'm playing it for my wife right now as she works on her computer. She likes it, too.

              I am going to get this disc. I wonder if the next Grammys will be a Mos Def fest, similar to when Outkast releast Speakerboxxx/Love Below. These Mos Def tracks seems much more complex than the Outkast double disc offering, though. I'd like to sit down and listen to the entier Mos Def disc in sequence.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • RobinFinderson
                Banned
                • Nov 2008
                • 10548

                #8
                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                I'm playing it for my wife right now as she works on her computer. She likes it, too.

                I am going to get this disc. I wonder if the next Grammys will be a Mos Def fest, similar to when Outkast releast Speakerboxxx/Love Below. These Mos Def tracks seems much more complex than the Outkast double disc offering, though. I'd like to sit down and listen to the entier Mos Def disc in sequence.
                You should just log on to eMusic and download it. They have it. Then you could cancel your membership.

                Comment

                • MarkGrace
                  Grooveshark dick tease
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 31546

                  #9
                  I had this in my "saved for later" file on emusic. Now that my downloads have reset today, I'll probably pick it up when I get home.

                  Also, today is payday, which means I get to buy two actual albums at the record shop. Wahoo!
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                  Comment

                  • Surfah
                    Where's Wallace?
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 33726

                    #10
                    That first joint is hot. I was bumping it over the logitech's at work today. G-yah!
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • MartyFunkhouser
                      Disciple of RNGesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 18762

                      #11
                      I'm definitely interested in this album. I loved Mos Def's first album, Black on Both Sides, and loved his band Black Star with Talib Kweli and Hi-Tek. However, his 2nd album was pretty damn mediocre. Nothing bad, but nothing exciting. I'll have to check this one out.
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

                      Comment

                      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                        Time to camp
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 26082

                        #12
                        Nice find, I just bought it on iTunes.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

                        Comment

                        • Tim
                          Not Banned
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 4390

                          #13
                          I just found this on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0q7ws-bAcc

                          That's him coming up near Harajuku station and walking toward the entrance to Yoyogi Park. If any of you watched Part I of my Tokyo video series, that's the same place where the crazy lady was doing her modern dance at the end.
                          Visca Catalunya Lliure

                          Comment

                          Working...