Game shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    So did goofball James forever change the way Jeopardy is played?

I think the days of going top to bottom in a category are over and everybody will be doubling up all the time.
    I think we'll see his bottom-up, side to side clue selection being replicated.

I don't think we'll see his aggressive daily double betting copied (for long, anyhow). The rank-and-file Jeopardy player is likely still not confident enough to go all in or make 9-15k bets, and for good reason.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
      I think we'll see his bottom-up, side to side clue selection being replicated.

I don't think we'll see his aggressive daily double betting copied (for long, anyhow). The rank-and-file Jeopardy player is likely still not confident enough to go all in or make 9-15k bets, and for good reason.
      Guy yesterday had $7000, bet $6000 on a daily double and lost. Basically cost him the game. So you're right- they may think they can do what James did, but he made it look a lot easier than it really is.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        Guy yesterday had $7000, bet $6000 on a daily double and lost. Basically cost him the game. So you're right- they may think they can do what James did, but he made it look a lot easier than it really is.
        There was a dude last year who was great with the Daily Doubles as well (I can't recall his name, but a bartender from NYC; his in-game perspiration and demeanor made me think he snorted a few lines before every game). He was not as smart as James, but was really good at using the in-clue prompts to deduce the right answer.

One of my favorite moments was a true DD that would essentially put the game out of reach. The clue was something like "A fluologist is another name for this profession." He waited and waited and the just before time expired, he realized the rights answer (I assume he was thinking epidemiologist or something to that effect initially) "What is a chimney sweep?" The game was essentially over after that.

Comment

There was a dude last year who was great with the Daily Doubles as well (I can't recall his name, but a bartender from NYC; his in-game perspiration and demeanor made me think he snorted a few lines before every game). He was not as smart as James, but was really good at using the in-clue prompts to deduce the right answer.

One of my favorite moments was a true DD that would essentially put the game out of reach. The clue was something like "A fluologist is another name for this profession." He waited and waited and the just before time expired, he realized the rights answer (I assume he was thinking epidemiologist or something to that effect initially) "What is a chimney sweep?" The game was essentially over after that.
          austin was that guys name
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
            Lol. That's right.

Comment

Lol. That's right.
              You were distracted by all his sweat.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                Austin Rogers. The best was when Trebek called him Austin Rivers, which probably caused Doc to immediately want to distance himself from Jeopardy.

Comment

Working...
                X