Stand Up Comedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    we seent bill burr a few weeks ago. despite the horrorshow venue (maverik center?!?!?!?!?!?), he was great.
    Would love to see Bill too. Uh, it would be brutal!
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

There is some great o_g posts in this thread about not liking fat comics, in particular Amy Schumer. It definitely made me chuckle reading back through it.
      and look who was right about that fat fuck louie anderson
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

I loved Regan's latest Red Rocks special. I think his best. I also love Gaffigan. He's prodigious and consistently funny. One of my current favorites is Sebastian Maniscalco. I didn't love his latest special, but I love all of his previous specials.
        That was actually filmed at Tuacahn. I've seen him there before.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Any other Nate Bargatze fans? We love that guy.
          He's one of my favorites.
          "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• I finally watched the Closer. Not Dave Chappelle's best, but he is always funny.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

I'd love to see Birbiglebug live. I'm worried that his last few specials have been on a downward trend.

Going to see Jim Jeffries in February.
              Don't worry he is still great. I don't think anyone does heartfelt and hilarious in combination like Birbiglia. I wouldn't say it was his best but he is a great story teller and had me moved one minute and crying laughing the next. Also he is the king of the tangent. He can go so deep on a side topic and even go several side topics deep and bring it back to the overall story 20 minites later and it all makes perfect sense. My favorite was a bit about him on the wrestling team in junior high. Killed me.

Comment

I like him.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Which of his specials on Netflix would you recommend watching first?
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

Which of his specials on Netflix would you recommend watching first?
                    They are all fantastic, but maybe start with The Tennessee Kid.

You could watch them with your son. Family friendly.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Oh hey- forgot about this thread! Went and saw Seinfeld a few weeks ago, who is touring with new material. Man, he is so good. He even ran back some of his classic bits which were every bit as funny to me despite hearing them a million times.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• chappelle was very disappointing last time we saw him. 20k stadiums are tough for standup.

tim dillon was quite good
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                          Oh hey- forgot about this thread! Went and saw Seinfeld a few weeks ago, who is touring with new material. Man, he is so good. He even ran back some of his classic bits which were every bit as funny to me despite hearing them a million times.
                          I listened to his audio book a while back in which he shared all of his jokes. My daughter listened to some of it, too. I laughed when I heard her using his material (without attribution!) while talking with a friend.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

They are all fantastic, but maybe start with The Tennessee Kid.

You could watch them with your son. Family friendly.
                            I'll watch it, but this causes me some pause. I'm not sure that I've ever enjoyed a "family friendly" standup.
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

I'll watch it, but this causes me some pause. I'm not sure that I've ever enjoyed a "family friendly" standup.
                              You prefer comedians be family enemies?
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I still haven't moved off of the point that Brian Regan is the least funny comedian ever. I sat through an entire special and didn't laugh/chuckle once. Give me the other folks mentioned here, along with Jo Koy.

Comment

Working...
                                X