Logos

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #76
    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    What's wrong with that? I think I'll try to hire you to do the copyediting for my next one.
    I thought you meant John Hancock, referring to your signature on your book. I suppose it is possible that you will be sharing anecdotes about the Herculean black railroad worker, though.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • SeattleUte
      Faith crisis consultant
      • Nov 2008
      • 20837

      #77
      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      I thought you meant John Hancock, referring to your signature on your book. I suppose it is possible that you will be sharing anecdotes about the Herculean black railroad worker, though.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

      --Jonathan Swift

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #78
        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        cool. I learned something new. I've generally heard a signature referred to as a John Hancock.

        i always feel edified after speaking with you.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • SeattleUte
          Faith crisis consultant
          • Nov 2008
          • 20837

          #79
          Please don't lynch me for saying John Henry.
          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

          --Jonathan Swift

          Comment

          • Commando
            Explosivo
            • Feb 2009
            • 20748

            #80
            Yeah, but will readers be able to snag your Herbie Hancock?
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69716

              #81
              SU, if I show up, will you sign my book as "John Henry"? That would be kind of cool.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #82
                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                Please don't lynch me for saying John Henry.
                Haha. At the very least you deserve a trial before being hung
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • SeattleUte
                  Faith crisis consultant
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 20837

                  #83
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  SU, if I show up, will you sign my book as "John Henry"? That would be kind of cool.
                  Absolutely. If it becomes a first century war and peace that would be invaluable. I promise I'll only sigh yours as John Henry.
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                  --Jonathan Swift

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69716

                    #84
                    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                    Absolutely. If it becomes a first century war and peace that would be invaluable. I promise I'll only sigh yours as John Henry.
                    I am sure it will. Then we are all going to LOL at Levin. What a dunce!
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                      Time to camp
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26082

                      #85
                      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      I am sure it will. Then we are all going to LOL at Levin. What a dunce!
                      Get him to sign it Virgil then.

                      Btw true collectors buy a reading copy and a copy for signing purposes to sty in mint condition.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

                      Comment

                      • Harry Tic
                        I've Made a Huge Mistake.
                        • Dec 2011
                        • 1660

                        #86
                        I hope there are refreshments. If not, what's the point?
                        Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost.
                        --William Blake, via Shpongle

                        Comment

                        • TripletDaddy
                          sweet triple
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 58186

                          #87
                          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          I am sure it will. Then we are all going to LOL at Levin. What a dunce!
                          levin is a complete moran. He thought the Nike air max was ugly and they are basically one of nikes most popular shoes.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • Non Sequitur
                            Where did I put my bodkin
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 5773

                            #88
                            I did my part:

                            http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...ml?id=13968828
                            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

                            Comment

                            • Green Monstah
                              Royal Rooter
                              • Aug 2010
                              • 13962

                              #89
                              I just started the book:

                              Spoiler for Spoiler:
                              I blushed a little when Jacob's mom responded positively to the titty twister.


                              I don't have tons of spare time, but I'm going to try to hammer through it this month.
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                              "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                              Comment

                              • Shaka
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 10450

                                #90
                                Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                                I just started the book:

                                Spoiler for Spoiler:
                                I blushed a little when Jacob's mom responded positively to the titty twister.


                                I don't have tons of spare time, but I'm going to try to hammer through it this month.
                                I couldn't make the reading in SLC because I was still blushing and couldn't look SeattleUte in the face.

                                Comment

                                Working...