Taylor Swift: America's Cultural Colossus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    I’m certain I’m “out of touch” but what is a vision board?
    I'm even more out of touch. How in the world is Taylor Swift a thing?
    "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

I must admit, I chuckled to myself at all the adolescent girls at the concert who, like Taylor, had been jilted by Jake Gyllenhaal. And then I looked over to my daughter who surprisingly had also been jilted by Jake Gyllenhaal! And after three hours, I found out that I too had been jilted by Jake Gyllenhaal! Bastard.

In all seriousness, she writes very good songs. And that was an amazing concert. 44 songs!
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

Summon Levin.

Comment

60k went to see her over two days at Allegiant Stadium in Vegas this last weekend. Overnight lines just for MERCH.

You are the outlier here.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I don't really follow Taylor's music but her songs come up in my daughter's playlists when I am driving her quite a bit and I don't dislike them, for the most part. Like her or not, she obviously has a ton of talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              Any Nevadans going to the T Swift concert tonight or tomorrow? Hoping for a banger tonight.
              I was chauffeuring my son around for Prom. We ended up driving most of the Strip, and fortunately, managed to avoid the worst of the traffic. His date had gone the night before and loved it.

Comment

• My daughter drove down from Provo for the Saturday show. Totally loved it. And she is only a casual T Swift fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post

I was chauffeuring my son around for Prom. We ended up driving most of the Strip, and fortunately, managed to avoid the worst of the traffic. His date had gone the night before and loved it.
                  Walking back to Excalibur took 45 minutes. It was just a sea of humanity. Glad we didn't try to Uber it.

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                  My daughter drove down from Provo for the Saturday show. Totally loved it. And she is only a casual T Swift fan.
                  I play up my Swift fandom to my kids for laughs. I'm a fan but not at the Levin level. But I can't imagine even a casual observer not loving that show. It really was amazing. She deserves the shload of money she's going to get.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

Walking back to Excalibur took 45 minutes. It was just a sea of humanity. Glad we didn't try to Uber it.

I play up my Swift fandom to my kids for laughs. I'm a fan but not at the Levin level. But I can't imagine even a casual observer not loving that show. It really was amazing. She deserves the shload of money she's going to get.
                    What you went to Vegas for a T-Swift concert, but you were nowhere to be found at the Pokemon Go Tour: Hoenn event? Priorities man, priorities.
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• How big was this venue? Seems like have the people in my social media feed were there.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        How big was this venue? Seems like have the people in my social media feed were there.
                        That is just because you are friends with people like you who are rich and living in mansions in Alpine.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          How big was this venue? Seems like have the people in my social media feed were there.
                          home of the raiders

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

home of the raiders
                            Oh. OK.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

That is just because you are friends with people like you who are rich and living in mansions in Alpine.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

home of the raiders
                                The stage was in an end zone area, so that portion of the seats was unfilled. Still, Taylor thanked 60,000 fans for coming to the show.
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X