Anyone have a Kindle?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • UteStar
    Sexiest Poster in Town
    • Nov 2008
    • 2419

    #1

    Anyone have a Kindle?

    Just curious if any of you out there has an Amazon Kindle? Has it been as good as you expected...anything you really like about it or dislike about it?
  • landpoke
    Never once baby snatched
    • Nov 2008
    • 4183

    #2
    Is it too early to call this informal poll?
    There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

    Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

    Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
    Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
    …
    Tomorrow is Saturday
    And Sunday comes afterwards

    Comment

    • UteStar
      Sexiest Poster in Town
      • Nov 2008
      • 2419

      #3
      Originally posted by landpoke View Post
      Is it too early to call this informal poll?
      Yeah, probably...frakkin' technophobe CUF posters.

      Comment

      • il Padrino Ute
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 19161

        #4
        Amazon Kindle?

        I'm against burning books.
        "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


        "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

        Comment

        • thesaint258
          aka Benito Hazard
          • Jan 2009
          • 3005

          #5
          I had one. I ended up returning it because I wasn't using it enough to justify the cost, but it was really cool. If my circumstances change so I can use it more, I'll get it again. The screen is great, and I liked being able to get books and other media on it. It was also nice to have several books at once and not tote them around.
          Not that, sickos.

          Comment

          • eldiente
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2009
            • 311

            #6
            Kindle2

            I had a kindle 1 and upgraded to Kindle 2. Very neat download, but not all books are available. I use mine nightly in bed.

            Comment

            • HuskyFreeNorthwest
              Time to camp
              • Nov 2008
              • 26082

              #7
              My FIL got a Kindle 2 a few months ago and it is really cool. I imagine I will probably end up getting one eventually, likely for Christmas I think he has bought them for almost everyone. I'll feel kind of left out if everyone else opens a Kindle and I open a Hoodoo t-shirt or something.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

              Comment

              • falafel
                loves to talk on things
                • Mar 2009
                • 37987

                #8
                Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                Hoodoo t-shirt or something.
                Hoodoo voodoo, chooka chooky choochoo!

                That would be a sweet shirt.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                Dig your own grave, and save!

                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                Working...