Doctor Who

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GeoArch
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2014
    • 47

    #1

    Doctor Who

    I couldn't seem to find an established Doctor Who thread, so someone feel free to direct me to it if there is one.

    Anyone excited to see the new Doctor in action next month?
  • Donuthole
    Official Outgayer
    • Nov 2008
    • 25268

    #2
    Nope. The one person I know who is a huge DW fan is also batshit crazy, and will likely find herself institutionalized before she's 40.

    She also loves Walking Dead and that CW teen vampire show.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

    Comment

    • MindfulCoug
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 395

      #3
      Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      Nope. The one person I know who is a huge DW fan is also batshit crazy, and will likely find herself institutionalized before she's 40.

      She also loves Walking Dead and that CW teen vampire show.
      LOL. I hope you dont mind me going all capital.

      Comment

      • thesaint258
        aka Benito Hazard
        • Jan 2009
        • 3005

        #4
        Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        Nope. The one person I know who is a huge DW fan is also batshit crazy, and will likely find herself institutionalized before she's 40.

        She also loves Walking Dead and that CW teen vampire show.
        1) I'm not crazy.
        2) I'm not a woman.

        This post is starting off like a Monty Python skit....
        Not that, sickos.

        Comment

        • GeoArch
          Junior Member
          • Jul 2014
          • 47

          #5
          Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Nope. The one person I know who is a huge DW fan is also batshit crazy, and will likely find herself institutionalized before she's 40.

          She also loves Walking Dead and that CW teen vampire show.
          Yikes. Considering I am also a Walking Dead fan, I'm hoping there are other reasons this woman is crazy to the level of institutionalization?

          Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
          1) I'm not crazy.
          2) I'm not a woman.
          Hello, fellow Whovian! I am a woman, but I don't think I'm crazy either. :P

          Comment

          • Flystripper
            Degenerate Gambler
            • Nov 2008
            • 14089

            #6
            I watch the Dr. Who reboot sometimes. It has Billie Piper in it from that call girl series on Showtime.
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

            Comment

            • GeoArch
              Junior Member
              • Jul 2014
              • 47

              #7
              Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
              I watch the Dr. Who reboot sometimes. It has Billie Piper in it from that call girl series on Showtime.
              Yeah, she was in the first two seasons of the reboot, although she did come back for some episodes in Season 4 and the 50th anniversary special. I think she originally left Doctor Who to be on the call girl series lol.

              Comment

              • Katy Lied
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 9435

                #8
                I tried it, based on the recommendation of a coworker who likes all the same shows I like (Sherlock, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead) but I couldn't get into it. I turned it on and asked my older son to turn if off if there was inappropriate content while I answered a phone call. When I got back, he asked me "Can I turn it off if there is boring content?"

                Comment

                • Northwestcoug
                  Cocked and Loaded
                  • May 2011
                  • 18026

                  #9
                  My daughter loves the re-boot. One night when she stayed at a friend's house they were bored, and they decided to watch it. Both of them got hooked.
                  I tried it, but it didn't stick. Couple of good actors in it though.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

                  Comment

                  • bluegoose
                    7th round draft pick
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 4121

                    #10
                    My 13 year old son and most of his friends love the show. He watched some of the original series and liked it well enough, but he loves the re-boot.

                    My 11 year old daughter watched one episode a few months ago. It happened to be the angel statue episode. She has had regular nightmares ever since and we had to get rid of a small angel statue that she had in her room.

                    As for me, I watched most of the first season and tried to get into it, but just couldn't. Put me to sleep.

                    Comment

                    • SCcoug
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 7625

                      #11
                      Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                      My 11 year old daughter watched one episode a few months ago. It happened to be the angel statue episode. She has had regular nightmares ever since and we had to get rid of a small angel statue that she had in her room.
                      Apologies to your 11 y/o but that made me laugh.

                      Comment

                      • GeoArch
                        Junior Member
                        • Jul 2014
                        • 47

                        #12
                        Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                        My 11 year old daughter watched one episode a few months ago. It happened to be the angel statue episode. She has had regular nightmares ever since and we had to get rid of a small angel statue that she had in her room.
                        I empathize with your daughter. It's truly the mark of a well-written horror though, I suppose, that even I have given angel statues the side-eye ever since.

                        I actually started watching the Doctor Who reboot more than once but never could get into it either, until the day that I did get into it and couldn't stop watching. I guess I was in the right mood that day to appreciate it lol.

                        Comment

                        • Armenag
                          Arbiter
                          • Jun 2012
                          • 292

                          #13
                          I've seen a couple episodes, but it just hasn't worked for me. But, Peter Capaldi might be the one actor who could hook me in. His performance on The Thick of It is an all-time great one.

                          Comment

                          • GeoArch
                            Junior Member
                            • Jul 2014
                            • 47

                            #14
                            For those of you who might be interested in tuning in for Series 8 because of Peter Capaldi but don't want to commit to a marathon of series 1-7, starting at 5:40 in this video Charlie from Emergency Awesome recommends key episodes to get the basics of the Doctor Who universe.

                            Comment

                            • GeoArch
                              Junior Member
                              • Jul 2014
                              • 47

                              #15
                              I finally caught up on the first couple of episodes for the new season and the new Doctor. Jury's still out for me. Did anyone else check in for Peter Capaldi?

                              Comment

                              Working...