Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice, I liked both of those.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I just found out that season two of the Kroll Show is on AP and then watched three episodes. Good stuff.
      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• I've been watching a lot of 'Nathan For You' lately. Very funny stuff.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
          Transparent getting a lot of love and drops tomorrow.

The television business is going through its own remarkable transition now, exemplified by a show of this quality debuting on a streaming video service. (Ironically, the "Transparent" opening credits begin with a VCR tape's image flickering, a relic of a technological era that feels a thousand years old.) Amazon has been chasing Netflix in this field for a while — it's just about the only area where Amazon is an underdog to anyone (like when Michael Jordan played baseball) — and here they're even releasing the show Netflix-style, with all the episodes being made available at once. And they're doing it during the first week of the network TV season, when audiences are being flooded with viewing options, and may not have time to give five hours to a quirky indie family dramedy.

I think Amazon executives know that "Transparent" is that good — it's the best new TV show debuting anywhere this fall, by a long stretch — and therefore don't care that it's appearing at such a crazy time. They're throwing down a gauntlet — or maybe a demure satin glove — and saying, "This is us. Not bad, eh?"
          Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...468zAYd1K0V.99
          I just finished the first season and it is really great. So much packed into 10 episodes. Most, if not all, of the characters are really messed up and do some terrible things, but you are still able to care and feel for them (with maybe the exception of Tammy/Michael Scott's girlfiend - I just don't like her). Jeffrey Tambor is really great, as is Jay Duplass. Some full frontal nudity, but its all Gabby Hoffmann, so it kinda doesn't feel like it should count.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Haven't started yet. Need to get going on that one.
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              I just finished the first season and it is really great. So much packed into 10 episodes. Most, if not all, of the characters are really messed up and do some terrible things, but you are still able to care and feel for them (with maybe the exception of Tammy/Michael Scott's girlfiend - I just don't like her). Jeffrey Tambor is really great, as is Jay Duplass. Some full frontal nudity, but its all Gabby Hoffmann, so it kinda doesn't feel like it should count.
              Name sounded familiar but I didn't recognize her so I looked her up. She is the cute little girl from Field of Dreams. I don't think I'll watch this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                Name sounded familiar but I didn't recognize her so I looked her up. She is the cute little girl from Field of Dreams. I don't think I'll watch this.
                If her nudity in this is as horrifying as it is in Girls, then I definitely understand what falafel means.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                  And from Sleepless in Seattle!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Watched some Key & Peele this morning. These guys are actually pretty damn funny. I had begged off watching this before because my first exposure was that one skit about the NFL intro video where the black athletes with increasingly ridiculous names introduce themselves building up to white Chad Smith or whomever from BYU-- that one just didn't tickle my funnybone the way it seemed to the CB crowd. Anyway- these guys have chops.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      Watched some Key & Peele this morning. These guys are actually pretty damn funny. I had begged off watching this before because my first exposure was that one skit about the NFL intro video where the black athletes with increasingly ridiculous names introduce themselves building up to white Chad Smith or whomever from BYU-- that one just didn't tickle my funnybone the way it seemed to the CB crowd. Anyway- these guys have chops.
                      If you like Key and Peele, you might want to try having cool stuff.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        If you like Key and Peele, you might want to try having cool stuff.
                        I don't know what this means, but no, thanks!
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• The pilots for early '15.

Here are the shows in Amazon’s first pilot season of 2015:

“Cocked”: One-hour dark comedy created by Sam Baum (“Lie to Me”) and Sam Shaw (“Manhattan” TV series) stars Sam Trammell (“True Blood”) as Richard Paxson, a family man and corporate lapdog who left his family in rural Virginia 20 years before and vowed never to go back. He’s forced to return home to help run his family’s gun business, but familial conflict ensues. “Cocked” also stars Jason Lee (“My Name is Earl”), Brian Dennehy (“The Good Wife”) as Wade Paxson, Laura Fraser (“Breaking Bad”) and Dreama Walker (“The Good Wife”). The pilot is directed by Jordan Vogt-Roberts (“Skull Island”) and executive produced by Erwin Stoff (“Unbroken”), Shaw and Baum.

“Down Dog”: Comedy about late-30s Southern California yoga instructor Logan Wood (played by Josh Casaubon, “I Just Want My Pants Back”) whose life gets complicated after he breaks up with his girlfriend, an older woman named Amanda who owns the yoga studio (played by Paget Brewster, “Criminal Minds”). Pilot also stars Lyndsy Fonseca (“How I Met Your Mother”), Will Greenberg (“Halt and Catch Fire”), Andrea Savage (“The Life and Times of Tim”), Amir Talai (“American Dad”), Kris Kristofferson (“Lone Star”), and Alysia Reiner (“Orange Is the New Black”). The pilot is written by Robin Schiff (“Are You There, Chelsea?”), produced by Bob Cooper (“RFK”) and Michael Fuchs (“Death in the Modern Age”), and directed by Bradley Silberling (“Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events”).

“Mad Dogs”: Hour-long dramedy based on the U.K. series created by Cris Cole (“The Bill”) follows the twisted reunion of a group of underachieving 40-something friends to celebrate the early retirement of a friend at his gorgeous villa in Belize. The pilot stars Steve Zahn (“Dallas Buyers Club”), Billy Zane (“Twin Peaks”), Romany Malco (“Weeds”), Michael Imperioli (“The Sopranos”) and Ben Chaplin (“World Without End”). “Mad Dogs” is directed by Charles McDougall (“The Mindy Project”) and is being co-produced with Sony Pictures Television. Executive producers are Cole, Shawn Ryan (“The Shield”) and Marney Hochman (“Last Resort”), Andy Harries (“DCI Banks”), Suzanne Mackie (“All in Good Time”) and McDougall.

“The Man in the High Castle”: One-hour drama based on Philip K. Dick’s 1962 novel is set in a post-World War II world after the Allied Powers lost the conflict — with the United States and much of the rest of world now split between Japan and Germany. Pilot stars Alexa Davalos (“Mob City”), Luke Kleintank (“Pretty Little Liars”), Rupert Evans (“The Village”), Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (“Mortal Kombat: Legacy”), Joel De La Fuente (“Hemlock Grove”), Rufus Sewell (“Eleventh Hour”) and DJ Qualls (“Z Nation”). Directed by David Semel (“Madam Secretary,” “Heroes”) and written by Frank Spotnitz (The X-Files), who both serve as executive producers. Executive producers also include Ridley Scott and David W. Zucker, Stewart Mackinnon and Christian Baute of Headline Pictures (“The Invisible Woman”), and Christopher Tricarico (“May in the Summer”), with co-executive producer Jordan Sheehan of Scott Free Prods. (“The Good Wife,” “The Andromeda Strain”). In addition, Isa Dick Hackett will executive produce and Kalen Egan will co-executive produce on behalf of Electric Shepherd (“The Adjustment Bureau”).

“The New Yorker Presents”: Half-hour docuseries pilot features several segments: a short film featuring actors Alan Cumming (“The Good Wife”) and Brett Gelman (“Go On”) based on a story by Simon Rich (“Saturday Night Live”) and directed by Troy Miller (“Arrested Development”); a poem by Matthew Dickman; a documentary by director Jonathan Demme (“The Silence of the Lambs”) about biologist Tyrone Hayes based on a Rachel Aviv article; and an interview with performance artist Marina Abramović, conducted by New Yorker writer Ariel Levy. Documentary filmmaker Alex Gibney (“Taxi to the Dark Side”) is executive producer, joined by Dave Snyder (“Death Row Stories”) and Condé Nast Entertainment president Dawn Ostroff (“The Fashion Fund”). Pilot is co-produced by Condé Nast Entertainment and Jigsaw Prods.

“Point of Honor”: Hour-long drama turns on a Virginia family led by their West Point-bred son John Rhodes (played by Nathan Parsons, “True Blood”), who at the outset of the Civil War makes the controversial decision to defend the South while freeing all of their slaves. Shot entirely on-location in Virginia, “Point of Honor” also stars Christopher O’Shea (“Baby Daddy”), Annabelle Stephenson (“Revenge”), Riley Voelkel (“The Newsroom”), Hanna Mangan Lawrence (“Old School”), Patrick Heusinger (“Revolution”), Luke Benward (“Ravenswood”), Adrienne Warren (“Black Box”), Lucien Laviscount (“Waterloo Road”) and James Harvey Ward (“Low Winter Sun”). Pilot is directed by Randall Wallace (Braveheart), written by Carlton Cuse and Wallace, and executive produced by Cuse, Wallace and Barry Jossen (“Sex and the City”). “Point of Honor” is being co-produced with ABC Signature Studios.

“Salem Rogers”: Half-hour comedy stars Leslie Bibb (“About a Boy”) as Salem Rogers, an overly confident, outrageously blunt and hard-partying former supermodel who is forced to face her past and re-enter the real world after 10 years in a posh rehab center. Trying to return to fame, she tracks down her former assistant Agatha (played by Rachel Dratch, “Saturday Night Live”), who is now an author of self-help books. Pilot also stars Jane Kaczmarek (“Malcolm in the Middle”), Brad Morris (“Playing House”), Harry Hamlin (“Mad Men”), Toks Olagundoye (“The Neighbors”), Brad Morris (“Cougar Town”) and Scott Adsit (“30 Rock”). “Salem Rogers” is written by newcomer Lindsey Stoddart, executive produced by Will Graham (“The Onion News Network”) and directed by Mark Waters (“Mean Girls”). Stoddart submitted “Salem Rogers” through the studio’s online screenplay submission process.
                          http://variety.com/2014/digital/news...15-1201353363/

The Man in the High Castle looks interesting and has some big names behind it.

Comment

• That is a ton of pilots. They are really churning out new shows over at Amazon. I know only two or three get made, but it feels like its hard to keep up with all the new shows over there.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Does Prime give you the pilots for free and then charge you for future episodes?
                              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                                Does Prime give you the pilots for free and then charge you for future episodes?
                                The pilots are put out each season and you can watch and then vote for which shows you think should get greenlit. Shows that make it into full production are then put up on the Amazon site and available as part of the streaming and video content accessible by Prime members. So it's all free for Prime members.

Comment

Working...
                                X