Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binged it all. Amalgam of good and bad. Too preachy about the hypocrisy of the born agains. If you like that type try Pennyworth on ePix.

Comment

• This won't be up most people's alley, but I didn't think it would be up mine and ended up loving it. McQueen is an interesting documentary about famed London fashion designer Alexander McQueen. He was a pretty fascinating, and talented, person ... not what you would expect. Definitely worth checking out if you like documentaries and aren't completely turned off by the subject matter. Also, as a warning, there is quite a bit of non-sexual female nudity in it (models on the runway). Didn't bother me much, but I could see how it could bother some.

Comment

• Anyone else watch Hanna S1? I liked it. I guess it is based off a movie. I didn't see the movie so I can't comment on how it compares. Its not going to win any awards or anything, but it is entertaining. I really liked Joel Kinnaman and Mireille Enos, which you would recognize from The Killing. They are adversaries in this show, but their acting is great.
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
          Just finished "The Boys".

I thought it was great. Interesting story, good acting (especially Homelander, he was great).

Definitely some graphic violence and there is a dong in episode one.
          I binged the whole thing. Loved it. I can't wait for season two.
          If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
            Anyone else watch Hanna S1? I liked it. I guess it is based off a movie. I didn't see the movie so I can't comment on how it compares. Its not going to win any awards or anything, but it is entertaining. I really liked Joel Kinnaman and Mireille Enos, which you would recognize from The Killing. They are adversaries in this show, but their acting is great.
            I watched it specifically because of those two being in it. They did a good job, and I liked the acting of the young girl who played Hanna. I just didn’t like the way they wrote the Hanna character. Too much coming of age/teen drama which outweighed the good action/suspense.
            "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
              I watched it specifically because of those two being in it. They did a good job, and I liked the acting of the young girl who played Hanna. I just didn’t like the way they wrote the Hanna character. Too much coming of age/teen drama which outweighed the good action/suspense.
              I watched the first episode a while back when it was first made available (before the whole season was released). While it had some good content, I wasn't excited about the potential for teen drama, so I haven't watched any more.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Was interested in Carnival Row. Two episodes in and it's pretty much a steampunk version of Bright.

The newest Mission Impossible is streaming on Prime now. Those are always fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                  Season 2 of Patriot.. WTF did I just watch?!?!???!!!

Felt like I needed to be stoned or tripping on acid for this season. Was totally lost from the get-go.. Watched the recap before starting and still was lost..

Not as funny. More depressing..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I missed this discussion earlier but found Patriot recently. Season 1 up until the last few episodes is among my favorite all time TV. I didn't like the ending of season 1 and season 2 a couple episodes into it is going off track. Starting to feel like where Ozarks lost me where they try to outdo the episode before in terms of how outlandish and implausible the next task is. Also has gotten darker in terms of the ethics of the characters you're rooting for. Still liking it but fell out of "all time great" contention.

The thrills combined with comedy are good. But the folk songs take it to the next level of absolutely brilliant.

Comment

• Just found out that there will be no Patriot season 3

Started watching The Boys. It's clever and raunchy. Minimal nudity so far. I will continue to watch.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

• New season of Jack Ryan starts November 1st.

1st season was awesome. So intense. Looking forward to this one..

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                        I missed this discussion earlier but found Patriot recently. Season 1 up until the last few episodes is among my favorite all time TV. I didn't like the ending of season 1 and season 2 a couple episodes into it is going off track. Starting to feel like where Ozarks lost me where they try to outdo the episode before in terms of how outlandish and implausible the next task is. Also has gotten darker in terms of the ethics of the characters you're rooting for. Still liking it but fell out of "all time great" contention.

The thrills combined with comedy are good. But the folk songs take it to the next level of absolutely brilliant.
                        Season 1 was one of the better season out there. Thinking about some of the interactions of John Tavner and Stephen was hilarious.

"His name isn't Eugene, Big step back for you Stephen". LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                          Just found out that there will be no Patriot season 3

Started watching The Boys. It's clever and raunchy. Minimal nudity so far. I will continue to watch.
                          Just the dong in episode 1. Dongs are lame. Don't need to see that.

That said, that show was great. Excited to see where they go in season 2

Comment

• Watched 3 episodes of of the new season of Jack Ryan. Intense and very good!

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                              Watched 3 episodes of of the new season of Jack Ryan. Intense and very good!
                              I'm mid-way through the 3rd episode. What happened to his girlfriend character from season 1? Haven't seen or heard of her at all.

UPDATE: I'm not the only one asking about it, or thinking it's weird that she's not in season 2: https://www.thewrap.com/what-happene...ason-2-amazon/

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                                I'm mid-way through the 3rd episode. What happened to his girlfriend character from season 1? Haven't seen or heard of her at all.

UPDATE: I'm not the only one asking about it, or thinking it's weird that she's not in season 2: https://www.thewrap.com/what-happene...ason-2-amazon/
                                My wife and I had the same question. I am guessing this was more about contracts vs. writing her off..

Comment

Working...
                                X