I have a bad feeling about this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
    Yeah, I dunno. It just didn't do it for me. From looking around at others' reactions, I may be the only one.
    If I'm being critical I can pinpoint moments I would have changed, but they were pretty few and far between. I'm ecstatic about what they did get right. And much of that was what will carry on into the next episode, written by Rian Johnson. It's gonna be weird and dark. :rockon2:
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Spoiler for starwars:
      I was underwhelmed. No originality, same plot at 4, and dialogue end sucked like Lucas made it

Comment

• I am hearing lots of bad reviews today.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          I am hearing lots of bad reviews today.
          My 8 year old went with friends last night. He says it is awesome.
          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Interesting, I'm hearing the exact opposite. Most people think it was great and some are going nuts over it.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

95% of the people that review movies for a living have given it positive reviews.

The movie was a solid 3 stars. Probably 3 and a half. It was fun but had some flaws. It had a frenzied pace that keeps it entertaining, but there's lack of depth that results. It's a lot like the first movie with even less exposition. The Empire Strikes Back is the best of the series because it adds the most to whatever epic element is present in the series.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Overheard some guy at the bank ranting about how bad it was. Saw a few people on FB saying the same thing.

One guy said he was to disgusted to see it had "cheesy dialogue". Ha. Short memory, that guy.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Overheard some guy at the bank ranting about how bad it was. Saw a few people on FB saying the same thing.

One guy said he was to disgusted to see it had "cheesy dialogue". Ha. Short memory, that guy.
                  lol. tell that guy to calm down b/c his Alien sequel comes out soon.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    Interesting, I'm hearing the exact opposite. Most people think it was great and some are going nuts over it.

Me too. The only criticism I'm hearing- and it's one person who really liked the movie, by the way- are the credibility of certain character arcs and chemistry between 2 certain characters. But those particular hangups are so minuscule compared to some of the problems of the prequels or even ROTJ it's laughable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      Me too. The only criticism I'm hearing- and it's one person who really liked the movie, by the way- are the credibility of certain character arcs and chemistry between 2 certain characters. But those particular hangups are so minuscule compared to some of the problems of the prequels or even ROTJ it's laughable.
                      It's hard to pin down exactly what didn't quite work for me without giving away any spoilers. I'll see if I can't put it in writing when I have a chance.
                      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        [SPOILER]Is your friend talking about Adam Driver? [/SPOILER]
                        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                          So much for the spoiler tags. No wonder I don't use them. Not much of a spoiler

Comment

No - we both agreed that Adam Driver was pitch perfect. He didn't like John Boyega, whom I quite liked.

Comment

Spoiler for Don't skip the option dialog:
                              Or you won't get a spoiler tag

Comment

Bwhahahahahaa
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X