Watch my cousin's new tv show air on Discover Channel tonight

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • taekwondave
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 1160

    #1

    Watch my cousin's new tv show air on Discover Channel tonight

    http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/jungle-gold
  • BigPiney
    Huge Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 12365

    #2
    looks crazy. Don't care how much they end up making, that is not worth the risk.

    Comment

    • clackamascoug
      Banned
      • Dec 2009
      • 9709

      #3
      Originally posted by taekwondave View Post
      I'll watch... how is your cousin associated with the show? I like shows where people follow their dreams. And CSI.

      Comment

      • Flystripper
        Degenerate Gambler
        • Nov 2008
        • 14089

        #4
        I just watched the extended preview...I gotta be honest this show looks awesome.
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

        Comment

        • Katy Lied
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 9435

          #5
          My husband should like this, since he likes all the Gold Rush shows

          Comment

          • taekwondave
            Junior Member
            • Feb 2011
            • 1160

            #6
            Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
            I'll watch... how is your cousin associated with the show? I like shows where people follow their dreams. And CSI.
            He's the star. His name is George.

            Comment

            • Katy Lied
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 9435

              #7
              He looks like he has a short fuse, that George. In the first episode, he has a black eye. Maybe from his MMA training?

              Comment

              • The_Douger
                Athletic Supporter
                • Jun 2012
                • 5413

                #8
                I think I would take on the Chinese claim jumpers and run them off the land.

                That would make a fun video game.
                Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                Comment

                • taekwondave
                  Junior Member
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 1160

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                  He looks like he has a short fuse, that George. In the first episode, he has a black eye. Maybe from his MMA training?
                  Yeah. His face is always a little roughed up from that.

                  Comment

                  • il Padrino Ute
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 19161

                    #10
                    Originally posted by taekwondave View Post

                    Is this the Utah edition of a show? Looking at the biographies, 3 of the 4 are from Utah.
                    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                    Comment

                    • taekwondave
                      Junior Member
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 1160

                      #11
                      Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                      Is this the Utah edition of a show? Looking at the biographies, 3 of the 4 are from Utah.
                      There are only two who are starring in it at this point: Scott and George. George's wife is from Utah. She is in it quite a bit. I don't know about Scott's wife. She might be the non-Utahn.

                      Comment

                      • LiveCoug
                        LA Ute loves me
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 18488

                        #12
                        Looks cool. DVR is set.

                        Comment

                        • taekwondave
                          Junior Member
                          • Feb 2011
                          • 1160

                          #13
                          Okay, seriously. In my best effort to not be biased, that show is going to do very well.

                          Comment

                          • Hypoplastic
                            Out chasing ambulances
                            • Sep 2012
                            • 110

                            #14
                            Originally posted by taekwondave View Post
                            Okay, seriously. In my best effort to not be biased, that show is going to do very well.
                            Looks like it is off to a good start. Jungle Gold Ratings

                            I work with some of the people involved. They won't divulge specifics, but they say there is some pretty intense stuff coming up. Should be interesting.

                            Comment

                            • wuapinmon
                              Soul Plumber
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 30711

                              #15
                              Sorry, just being honest. The show sucks major ass. It's wholly contrived. "Umm, could you maybe send some money home the day after you get there so that they don't take away our health insurance?" It makes women look stupid and petty.

                              "We have a plot of land worth $1.5 million that we'll sell you because you're on TV."

                              "I've got a black eye in Utah before I've even left."

                              "I've got to pay bills and feed my family because I owe money on stupid land deals I made in the housing bubble. I'm pissed that these guys are jumping my claim because I have to feed my family." Yeah, buddy, they're trying to feed their families too, whoopty-shit.

                              "Ummm, if this doesn't work out this time, that's it." Meaning what? That she's leaving him if he doesn't make money? That he can't go any more?

                              Let's put some muscled dunderheads on TV and have them scream at car tires on the first day.

                              I deleted both episodes and didn't watch anymore. That show is exactly what is wrong with television---contrived bullshit.
                              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                              Comment

                              Working...