Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wanna see that! The official "doesn't merit its own thread" movie trailer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
    I still have a hard time seeing Jeff Daniels in a serious role.
    you must have missed newsroom
    *Banned*

Comment

It looks like they got Matt Damon a better fitting space suit.

interstellar-04.jpg
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        uh his moving performance in fly away home was pretty serious
        Arachnaphobia was no joke either.
        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
          uh his moving performance in fly away home was pretty serious
          And? If I had said that he has never done a serious role, then your response would have been pertinent.

Comment

Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
            Arachnaphobia was no joke either.
            Not to mention Pleasantville...I heard.
            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

The Martian trailer is very promising. Seems like they're following the book pretty closely, and I'm definitely glad for the extensive voiceover. That can be a terrible narrative crutch, but in this case 80% of the story occurs in the guy's head. No time to do most of the cool engineering stuff but seems like they'll get the point across. I'm hoping for Apollo 13-level awesome.

Comment

Chuck Norris and Kristen Wiig did a Lifetime movie together.

https://youtu.be/F7cyCuMcU8k
                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

That is so awesome. Pelag loves the lmn so I bet he's pumped too.

Comment

Jemaine Clement's next film: People Places Things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bawtuko5zYs

Looks like a formulaic indie in terms of plot, but the trailer intrigued me. Will be interesting to see Clement in something with a little more emotional heft. Favorable (though limited) reviews:

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/people-places-things

Comment

I assume parts of this movie will be hilarious, over-the-top, stupid, and at times heart-breaking. Basically, Farley's life in a nutshell.

Comment

You reckon parts of that documentary will be over-the-top and stupid? I think it looks good.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I totally forgot Michael B. Jordan played Wallace in the Wire. But Avon Barksdale is also in this movie. I'm excited for it.
                          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

I am almost 99% sure this movie will be terrible, mainly because the found footage genre has been so completely effed out over the last 5 years. Still, I wanna see it mainly because I wouldn't mind staring at Frank and Kathy Lee's daughter for 90 mins. Also, I don't hate that Nirvana cover.

gallows 2.jpg
                            gallows 1.jpg

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                              I assume parts of this movie will be hilarious, over-the-top, stupid, and at times heart-breaking. Basically, Farley's life in a nutshell.

Funny you should post this. this past week there was a SNL tribute on VH1 (I think), and they had a 1 hour segment of "The best of Chris Farley". I immediately DVR'd it..

Looking forward to this Documentary.

Comment

snl and chris farley tributes are pretty rare on vh1 these days, it's a good thing you recorded it when you did.
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X