Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BoylenOver
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 9146

    #16
    Originally posted by HauteCoug View Post
    Is this still in theaters? I guess I could google that, but I'm feeling particularly lazy tonight. A friend recently told me, after having seen it, that he felt like it's what I might have been like as a twelve year old... so now I'm really curious to see it!

    And I don't care if it feels like his other films - sometimes it's nice to have something familiar.
    Haute, I don't know where you live, but I saw it at the Broadway in Salt Lake.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

    Comment

    • oxcoug
      Dolphins Rape Hipsters
      • Dec 2009
      • 5309

      #17
      HC, it's definitely still showing.

      I saw this last week at a tiny community theater in Carbondale, CO, which seemed like the perfect venue for it. Loved it (though, unlike some one this thread, I think some of Anderson's recent work -primarily The Darjeeling Limited- has been borderline-awful). This got back to good Wes.
      Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

      It can't all be wedding cake.

      Comment

      • BoylenOver
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 9146

        #18
        Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
        HC, it's definitely still showing.

        I saw this last week at a tiny community theater in Carbondale, CO, which seemed like the perfect venue for it. Loved it (though, unlike some one this thread, I think some of Anderson's recent work -primarily The Darjeeling Limited- has been borderline-awful). This got back to good Wes.
        I assume you're referencing his recent live-action work, because FMF is one of his best.
        "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
        "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

        Comment

        • LA Ute
          Receiver of Memory
          • Nov 2008
          • 19512

          #19
          Saw this tonight with my son here in Salt Lake (the Broadway). What a wonderful little oddball movie with a big-time cast. In 1965 I was about the same age as the two leads are, so it felt all the more real in so many ways.

          Memories for those who saw it a while ago:

          [YOUTUBE]_eOI3AamSm8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YOUTUBE]
          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden


          "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


          "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

          Comment

          Working...