The Muppets (2011)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wuapinmon
    Soul Plumber
    • Dec 2008
    • 30711

    #1

    The Muppets (2011)

    We went and saw The Muppets today, and I was pleasantly surprised. The film is very entertaining for kids and adults alike. It touches lots of the nostalgia points that the "Keep Fishin'" video that Weezer did did. While I confess to not caring so much for Miss Piggy, she wasn't the focal point of the film.

    I don't know how Amy Adams kept a straight face during much of her dialogue, and especially during the songs. She was just wonderful. It was a cute movie, full of so many cameos that I couldn't list half of them if I tried. Even Selena Gomez was funny.

    There's one scene where the main character sees his reflection as a muppet, and the song lyrics had me laughing out loud (I was the only person laughing at the jokes sometimes--that fact alone reminded me of the Ladykillers) because of the intelligent hilarity of the presentation.

    A great family film, and I highly recommend it.
    Last edited by wuapinmon; 11-26-2011, 10:02 PM.
    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon
  • MarkGrace
    Grooveshark dick tease
    • Dec 2008
    • 31546

    #2
    I don't know how Amy Adams kept a straight face during much of her dialogue, and especially during the songs.
    Because she already practiced this character in Enchanted?

    Segel was also hysterical.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #3
      We saw it today. I laughed throughout at all the jokes and references to the old Muppet Show.

      Amy Adams needs to stop being girl next door hot 24 hours a day.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • MarkGrace
        Grooveshark dick tease
        • Dec 2008
        • 31546

        #4
        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        We saw it today. I laughed throughout at all the jokes and references to the old Muppet Show.

        Amy Adams needs to stop being girl next door hot 24 hours a day.
        You said you were going to pass on this one!
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

        Comment

        • SteelBlue
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 8189

          #5
          I enjoyed it, but In the end I was underwhelmed. It was definitely worth seeing, but it just didn't have the nostalgic effect that I thought it would. Loved 80's robot.
          Last edited by SteelBlue; 11-26-2011, 09:48 PM.

          Comment

          • MarkGrace
            Grooveshark dick tease
            • Dec 2008
            • 31546

            #6
            The Muppets

            Really enjoyed it. Segel just always kills me. And lots of cameos from a bunch of actors, as expected, but funny to see Feist and Dave Grohl turn up in some of the music numbers. There was also a whistling portion that was written and performed by Andrew Bird.


            Just thought I'd pull this over from the other thread.
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #7
              Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              You said you were going to pass on this one!
              Amy Adams.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #8
                Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                I enjoyed it but In the end I was underwhelmed. It was definitely worth seeing, but it just didn't have the nostalgic effect that I thought it would. Loved 80's robot.
                80s robot was rad. "tab or new coke"

                Also, busted a gut when Walter sees the star maps for sale, has an idea...and they buy dogs at Pinks.

                That show made me miss home big time. The office scenes were shot a block from my old office.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • MarkGrace
                  Grooveshark dick tease
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 31546

                  #9
                  Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  Amy Adams.
                  They must have left her out of the trailer.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                  Comment

                  • MarkGrace
                    Grooveshark dick tease
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 31546

                    #10
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    Also, busted a gut when Walter sees the star maps for sale, has an idea...and they buy dogs at Pinks.
                    ha. That was good. And that hot dog looked good.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #11
                      Also, speaking of nostalgia, I had major nostalgia vibes when the telethon started and they did the full Muppet Show intro with the same set and the same characters, including the Gonzo trumpet gag. Had a big smile thinking back to loving that show as a kid.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • UtahDan
                        *
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 14496

                        #12
                        The first half hour was as much as I have laughed in a long time. From there it was good but not great. Definitely enjoyable but from the 97% it has on RT I was expecting somewhat more. Turned out to be be too long for the 2 yo, though that was probably foreseeable.

                        Comment

                        • UtahDan
                          *
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 14496

                          #13
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          Also, speaking of nostalgia, I had major nostalgia vibes when the telethon started and they did the full Muppet Show intro with the same set and the same characters, including the Gonzo trumpet gag. Had a big smile thinking back to loving that show as a kid.
                          Yeah me too.

                          Comment

                          • MarkGrace
                            Grooveshark dick tease
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 31546

                            #14
                            Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                            The first half hour was as much as I have laughed in a long time
                            That first music number was a killer. So funny. The Am I Man or Am I Muppet was funny as well.
                            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                            Comment

                            • MarkGrace
                              Grooveshark dick tease
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 31546

                              #15
                              Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                              Definitely enjoyable but from the 97% it has on RT I was expecting somewhat more.
                              Consult your local Metacritic.
                              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                              Comment

                              Working...