CUF Concert Brag Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Going to surprise my 15 year old son with tickets to Weezer and the Pixies for Christmas. It will be his first concert.
    Oh man. I've been meaning to hit that show- I was out of the country last summer when it was in town. I am a rabid Pixies fan and have a good fondness for Weezer. What a great first show for a 15-year old.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Saw SP in Tucson and Mesa last Thursday & Friday. That's well into double digits of hours witnessed of live SP this year for me. :rockon2:
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Just saw Ziggy Marley and Michael Franti last night. The whole night was lit (tee hee!) with upcoming revolutions, love, social justice, and peace, man. The music was great, and the messages were too. Multiple hugs were had. Sign me up, man. I'm all in!
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          Just saw Ziggy Marley and Michael Franti last night. The whole night was lit (tee hee!) with upcoming revolutions, love, social justice, and peace, man. The music was great, and the messages were too. Multiple hugs were had. Sign me up, man. I'm all in!
          Blast from the past! I saw those 2 (Ziggy Marley/ Spearhead) at Smokin' Grooves 96 at the old Wolf Mountain resort. Except with the added bonus of A Tribe Called Quest, Busta Rhymes, The Fugees, and Cypress hill also on stage. Woah. That was an amazing show, now that I think about it...

Comment

• Saw the goo goo dolls and Train last night. GGD were about how you would expect them to be. 3-4 good songs and some lame ones. Train was great. I’ve got tickets to Noah Gallagher/Smashing Pumpkins coming up in August. In fact, I may have one extra ticket if anyone wants it

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              Saw the goo goo dolls and Train last night. GGD were about how you would expect them to be. 3-4 good songs and some lame ones. Train was great. I’ve got tickets to Noah Gallagher/Smashing Pumpkins coming up in August. In fact, I may have one extra ticket if anyone wants it
              That's going to be a great show. Plus AFI...

Comment

• A double bill of Goo Goo Dolls and Train?

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  I saw AFI in the 90s back when they were a mediocre pop punk band playing stuff like this:

They've evolved a bit.

Comment

• Heading to Saratoga Winery in a couple days to see Lyle Lovett and his Large Band.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      Heading to Saratoga Winery in a couple days to see Lyle Lovett and his Large Band.
                      He played here tonight. I thought about going but it started raining...
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        Never heard of AFI and they don’t show up on the ticket.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          Heading to Saratoga Winery in a couple days to see Lyle Lovett and his Large Band.
                          He’s from the city I live in right now so he plays around here all the time.

Comment

He’s from the city I live in right now so he plays around here all the time.
                            He plays the Mountain Winery almost every year, as well. It really isn't a brag based on rarity. I have wanted to see him with his large band for many years and have just never been able to make it happen, until now. SO a big deal for me but probably not anyone else.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Never heard of AFI and they don’t show up on the ticket.
                              That's the opener. Kind of pop/punk/hardcore. They were bigger in the early 2000s.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                I saw AFI in the 90s back when they were a mediocre pop punk band playing stuff like this:

They've evolved a bit.

That's how I liked them best.

Comment

Working...
                                X