X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
    We're not big, but we're no backwater!

Every big tour comes to Seattle.
    That's right. The Commodores are playing this weekend!

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
      Indeed it was a long time ago. Dylan toured when he convereted to evangelical chirsitnaity and released an album. he toured again when he re-discovered his jewish/secular roots, and released an album. He toured again when he was bopred. He opened for carlos santana on one tour (I saw that one) he played once in a while with the wlalflowers and/or the Counting Crows (again, I am a witness) and he has toured a few times in recent years on his own.

Neil Young has toured a few times as well, and he plays at least a couple of concerts every year here in the bay area (although he lives here, so I guess that isnt really touring). And he gets back together with crazy horse every so often too. I try to go to his bridge school benefit concert every year.

So, aside from the last 20 years or so, your observation is pretty much spot on.
      Dylan is playing with Knoplfer in that show at Key Arena. Would be cool. Neil has toured a lot over the years.

But way back when touring wasn't what it is now. You think about the Beach Boys going on the road without Brian or how The Beatles stopped touring for a period of time. That stuff would never happen now.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
        We're not big, but we're no backwater!

Every big tour comes to Seattle.
        I saw Dylan at the Puyallup Fair (!), sometime around '99. Lol.

He ended with Forever Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by 8BR View Post

SU 8BR
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Knopfler and Dylan. One guy can't play the guitar and neither one can sing. But it would be a great show.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by 8BR View Post

He headlined Bumbershoot a couple years ago. That was random.

Comment

• This isn't a brag because I don't know who they are, I am taking ldc to The All-American Rejects tonight because she said she "loves them!" she was not amused when I said "why don't you marry them?".

I am bragging that the older kids and I are seeing Weird Al tomorrow night! This will be my 7th Weird Al show, another brag, Jr and Captains 3rd.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  When I was in HS those guys didn't really "tour". Dylan was a recluse by then, already in the history books. But neither of them would even condescend to tour.
                  I saw Neil Young in 1983 for his "Everybody's Rockin" tour at Key Arena. I think Young as toured quite often.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    I am bragging that the older kids and I are seeing Weird Al tomorrow night! This will be my 7th Weird Al show, another brag, Jr and Captains 3rd.
                    Polka Party!
                    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Not to brag but I did get to see a concert with Bernard the other night. It was nice to see if my teenage crush Belinda Carlisle could still sing.

Comment

• MoTab at the Icenter. This could get wild.
                        Last edited by RC Vikings; 09-21-2012, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• Picked the Puffy Check up from school. My son informs me that The killers are coming and asks if we can go. I asked him how in the world he knew that the killers were coming. He said, "it's all over school."

I guess I'm going to see The Killers with my son.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• My favorite concert was a couple of months before my mission. The Cow Palace in San Francisco with Emerson Lake and Palmer headlining. The warmup band was Journey. I remember them announcing their new lead singer...Steve Perry.
                            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                              MoTab at the BYU-I Center. This could get wild.
                              I enjoyed this tonight. They did a nice job with "Down to the River to Pray". I was hoping they would follow it up with "I am a Man of Content Sorrow" but no such luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                                My favorite concert was a couple of months before my mission. The Cow Palace in San Francisco with Emerson Lake and Palmer headlining. The warmup band was Journey. I remember them announcing their new lead singer...Steve Perry.
                                ELP was my 2nd concert ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X