CUF Concert Brag Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    I like YTG. They have a fun vibe about their music.
    Yeah, it was a good show. I wasn't too familiar with them but enjoyed the energy. We only caught the last of the opening act, GROUPLOVE, and I wished we had arrived earlier.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by risicam View Post
      Too bad they're performing at Mt View. Because they would be really fun to watch!
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
        Yeah, it was a good show. I wasn't too familiar with them but enjoyed the energy. We only caught the last of the opening act, GROUPLOVE, and I wished we had arrived earlier.
        I saw YTG a few weeks ago at a local venue here... I like their songs, but wasn't too into the show for whatever reason. The opening band was fun, though as I remember-- not sure if it was the same one.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• First: Poison / Tesla c. 1988 @ the Salt Palace. It was strange to get dropped off & picked up at a concert by my friend's mom. But, you do what you have to do when you are in 8th grade.

Worst: Black Crowes w/Slaughter(?) @ Salt Palace Exhibition Hall. Worse acoustics than the ESA - if you can imagine. My ears are still ringing.

Most Historically Significant: AC/DC w/Kings X @ The Salt Palace. People died in GA. I was in GA. It was insane.

Best Reunion Show: The Police @ Usana. Followed not too far behind by CSNY @ ESA.

Show in which opening act destroyed the headliner: Scorpions w/Great White opening @ Park West/Wolf Mountain. Great White came out an played a really tight, simple show. Not a lot of theatrics or jumping around. Just straight-forward blues-based rock and roll. Then the Scorpions came out and fell flat on their faces.

Best Show by a Band Nobody's Ever Heard Of at a Small Venue: Remedy Motel @ the Zephyr Club in 2003.

Other highlights: the previously mentioned Metallica show in 1992, BNL a few years back, several CSN (CPR & CN) shows, Rolling Stones @ Rice Stadium, Motely Crue, James Taylor & Billy Joel (say what you will, but the guy knows how to put on a great show.)

Wall of shame: KISS (sans makeup), REO Speedwagon/STYX @ UVU and Live Stock @ the Fairgrounds (can't remember a single band. I was hotter than hell and there wasn't much water around anywhere. We left early.)

Bucket List: Neil Young (solo/acoustic), Van Halen.

Comment

• Not exactly a concert brag, but I'm trying to buy tickets to We Are Augustines Saturday night in SLC, where they're opening for Band of Skulls.

This link on Band of Skulls website says tickets are available. However, when I click on that link, it eventually takes me to SmithTix, which says "there are no tickets available in that price range" even though I don't specify a price range. If it's sold out, SmithTix would just tell me so, right?

StubHub doesn't even list the concert as one of its events (though it lists the Denver and Seattle concerts the previous and following days). WTF?
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• If it's at the Complex, it's probably through SmithTix. If not, you can probably show up unannounced, b/c the Complex is enormous and that particular show won't sell out no way no how.

*edit* I was right. Here you go. http://smithstix.com/events/search?ondate=2012-4-7

*edit part 2* you were right. Call SmithTix (801) 467-8499 or (800) 888-8499.
              Last edited by Commando; 04-05-2012, 04:35 PM.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                If it's at the Complex, it's probably through SmithTix. If not, you can probably show up unannounced, b/c the Complex is enormous and that particular show won't sell out no way no how.

*edit* I was right. Here you go. http://smithstix.com/events/search?ondate=2012-4-7
                Does that link let you purchase tickets? It doesn't let me.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Does that link let you purchase tickets? It doesn't let me.
                  I clicked through and had the same problem. They are jacked- I'd just call.

Comment

• I'm sad I missed this thread after the first go around...

I'm not a huge concert goer but here are a few:

First concert: Paul McCartney, Ames, IA 1990
                    I've seen James Taylor 3 times (no bag on THIS head!)
                    Stone Temple Pilots twice
                    Pearl Jam twice
                    Metallica once (about 10 other groups once).
                    Most recent concert: Mat Kearney last month.

For you Utah folks I've seen Royal Bliss and Metal Gods about 15 times each.
                    Last edited by Blueintheface; 04-05-2012, 04:49 PM.
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by The Notorious J.I.C. View Post
                      First concert was Bon Jovi "Slippery when Wet" Cinderella opened. Next was Iron Maiden, "Seventh Son" with Guns n Roses opening. Best concert that I have been to was Van Halen " Right Here, Right Now" at wolf mountain
                      Missed that one but I had a mission companion that loved that album. I learned this one afternoon while we were working out and his headphones came unplugged from his stereo. When I heard "...Be the mother of a birth strangled babe, Lucifer's my name..." I just knew right then and there that it was time for a new choir director.
                      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Not exactly a concert brag, but I'm trying to buy tickets to We Are Augustines Saturday night in SLC, where they're opening for Band of Skulls.
                        Feel bad I'm missing them again. They're playing the same night as Radiohead. I was going to make up for it by going to their in-store thing at Easy Street on the 8th, but then my wife informed of the time of our Easter dinner with friends and I cant make it work.
                        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                          For you Utah folks I've seen Royal Bliss and Metal Gods about 15 times each.
                          I saw Royal Bliss perform at a B-day party for a guy who's father is a GA. Several other GA's were there and it was pretty cool to see Elder Eyring introduce Royal Bliss.
                          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• One time I went to a Celine Dion concert and sat front row. It was strange.
                            what I am is what I am and I does what I does.

Comment

• I'm at Childish Gambino right now :rockon2:

Comment

• Andrew Bird tonight in Mesa! :rockon2:

Comment

Working...
                                X