UteStar's List of Best Comedies on Television

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • UteStar
    Sexiest Poster in Town
    • Nov 2008
    • 2419

    #1

    UteStar's List of Best Comedies on Television

    This is first in a three part series (Best Comedies, Best Dramas/Thrillers, Best Overall TV Shows)

    So, you ask: What are the best comedies on Television right now? Well, let me answer this for you all. You can thank me later.

    1. Happy Endings: This show follows in the tradition of AD and Better off Ted with just funny, off beat scenes. The ensemble cast is very funny. Well done show and the best comedy on tv.

    2. Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Man, the most inappropriate show on tv. Seriously. But it is uproariously funny. It can be a bit of a hit and miss, but it is a very, very funny show.

    3. Modern Family: I like it. It is often a bit too sweet and I don't always like how there is always a happy ending to each episode...but there are usually 5-10 truly laugh out loud moments each episode.

    4. Parks and Rec: After a brutal first 5 episodes in its first season, it is a great show. The characters are funny and likable. Amy Poeler took her unappealing character and has made her genius. Adam Scott and Rob Lowe have both been great additions.

    TIE 5. Community and 30 Rock: I really like both shows. But both shows are a roller coaster. Some amazingly funny episodes are followed up with 2-3 very average shows.


    30 Rock
  • BoylenOver
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 9146

    #2
    Archer? Louie? The League?
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #3
      Happy Endings is my fave.

      "looks like someone's going sooooo-looooooo."

      IMO, Community is a huge w.a.s.t.e. of time. Chevy Chase and that religious woman ruin it. They are unfunny characters. Alison Brie :condom:
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • cougjunkie
        *Banned*
        • Nov 2008
        • 23223

        #4
        Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
        Archer? Louie? The League?
        The League has to be top 5.
        *Banned*

        Comment

        • Portland Ute
          Junior Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 5647

          #5
          Does anyone have any interest in Big Bang Theory or am I alone?

          Comment

          • BigPiney
            Huge Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 12366

            #6
            I'll add some lesser know shows.

            Workaholics - funniest, most disturbing thing I have watched in a long time. Last nights episode was awesome. On par with some of the episodes from the first season.

            The League - this show is great, and I am so happy that it starts back up this week.

            Wilfred - pretty funny, quirky show. Also very disturbing at times.

            Death Valley - this is not a pure comedy, with all the vampires and zombie killing, but a lot of this show is hilarious. Much like Reno 911 but with the undead.

            I don't like Happy Endings all that much. There are funny parts, but overall the group seems forced. That said, I will still continue to watch it.

            Comment

            • MarkGrace
              Grooveshark dick tease
              • Dec 2008
              • 31546

              #7
              I don't watch any of those shows.

              Used to watch Modern Fam but stopped this season.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #8
                Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                Does anyone have any interest in Big Bang Theory or am I alone?
                I love that show. Very clever the way they make physics so funny. Sheldon is one of the more memorable sit com characters to come around in a long time.

                Also, Kaley Cuoco on screen all the time never hurts.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • Portland Ute
                  Junior Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 5647

                  #9
                  My wife started watching Always Sunny. I was actually quite surprised that she thought it was funny. It's very irreverent. I was also surprised by her choice because of that, too.

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #10
                    Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                    I don't watch any of those shows.

                    Used to watch Modern Fam but stopped this season.
                    watch happy endings. you will like it, I would imagine.

                    There is a neurotic, self absorbed gay man as one of the main characters. He stops dating this one potential boyfriend when he finds out that the guy loves Dave Matthews Band. I lol'd at that.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • MartyFunkhouser
                      Disciple of RNGesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 18753

                      #11
                      Originally posted by UteStar View Post
                      This is first in a three part series (Best Comedies, Best Dramas/Thrillers, Best Overall TV Shows)

                      So, you ask: What are the best comedies on Television right now? Well, let me answer this for you all. You can thank me later.

                      1. Happy Endings: This show follows in the tradition of AD and Better off Ted with just funny, off beat scenes. The ensemble cast is very funny. Well done show and the best comedy on tv.

                      2. Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Man, the most inappropriate show on tv. Seriously. But it is uproariously funny. It can be a bit of a hit and miss, but it is a very, very funny show.

                      3. Modern Family: I like it. It is often a bit too sweet and I don't always like how there is always a happy ending to each episode...but there are usually 5-10 truly laugh out loud moments each episode.

                      4. Parks and Rec: After a brutal first 5 episodes in its first season, it is a great show. The characters are funny and likable. Amy Poeler took her unappealing character and has made her genius. Adam Scott and Rob Lowe have both been great additions.

                      TIE 5. Community and 30 Rock: I really like both shows. But both shows are a roller coaster. Some amazingly funny episodes are followed up with 2-3 very average shows.


                      30 Rock
                      Parks and Rec at 4th destroys all of your credibility.
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

                      Comment

                      • cougjunkie
                        *Banned*
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 23223

                        #12
                        I agree with Piney on Death Valley. It is on MTV and I was surprised at how much I liked it.
                        *Banned*

                        Comment

                        • BoylenOver
                          Junior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 9146

                          #13
                          Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                          Wilfred - pretty funny, quirky show. Also very disturbing at times.
                          Wilfred is great.
                          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                          Comment

                          • Jacob
                            Junior Member
                            • Oct 2009
                            • 6801

                            #14
                            How Not to Live your Life is probably in my top 5 right now. Last episode of Modern Family was pretty bad. Not a great start to the season. I'll have to give The League a try.

                            Comment

                            • Jacob
                              Junior Member
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 6801

                              #15
                              Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                              Parks and Rec at 4th destroys all of your credibility.
                              Should have been 1st?

                              Comment

                              Working...