Rodeo Soundtrack

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Color Me Badd Fan
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 12519

    #1

    Rodeo Soundtrack

    My 3 year-old came into my den and turned on my TV that's in the room. To keep her mildly interested in what's on the TV as opposed to the stuff in my den and to avoid having a fight on our hands pulling her away from an episode of Dora while getting her ready for bed, I looked for an alternative show for her to watch.

    Apparently I have a channel called HRTV. It's showing the rodeo. My little girl loves horses but the show won't hold her attention too long, perfect alternative to Dora.

    I turn it on and they're having the Bucking Bronco competition. Apparently rodeo broadcasting hasn't changed since the Carter administration, with one exception -- the soundtrack -- which is what's taking HRTV's radio broadcast a step above a MTN broadcast. I imagine to avoid paying royalties to the record companies, the channel is playing 15 second clips of various songs when the action is happening. The spread is impressive and I haven't heard any country yet. Some of the songs I've heard so far:

    1. Boston-- some random song.
    2. Michael Jackson -- Smooth Criminal.
    3. U2- Desire
    4. Pink -- Get the Party Started
    5. (my favorite) C&C Music Factory -- Everybody Dance Now.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”
  • Color Me Badd Fan
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 12519

    #2
    Is that Katy Perry I just heard?

    They interviewed the girl that won the barrel racing competition and she's pretty hot. The interviewed the runner-up, marginally cute.

    I came across a handful of girls that grew up on ranches or grew up riding horses and it seems like they were always attractive.

    I just heard White Wedding from Billy Idol.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

    Comment

    • Green Lantern
      Has overcome great fear
      • Aug 2009
      • 2289

      #3
      My family attends the Oakley Rodeo on the 4th of July every year and we have done since about 1984. I always get a kick out of the dated musical cues and waaaaaaay past-their-sell-by-date pop culture references from the rodeo clowns. This year I heard some C+C, some "I'm Too Sexy" and the Macarena.
      Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

      None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

      I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

      --Portland Ute

      Comment

      Working...