U2 Concert SLC 5-24

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jay santos
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 13652

    #1

    U2 Concert SLC 5-24

    I've waited over a year for this now. And it's going to be rainy and cold. MotherF***!
  • Babs
    Not a Lawyer
    • Nov 2008
    • 17128

    #2
    Ours was like that. November and crazy cold and stormy. Just made the tickets that much cheaper to pick up. Show was still amazing.

    Comment

    • Shaka
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 10450

      #3
      I will be there in my rain gear. Now I have to find a date.

      Comment

      • SuperGabers
        aka... UtahDan's Wifey
        • May 2009
        • 2182

        #4
        Ours was a BEAUTIFUL, full-moon, slightly brisk night. Have so much fun! The set is incredible!

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #5
          Does anyone else here not like U2 but me? I'm not even sure I would go if I were given free tickets. I would probably give them to someone would really would love to go. They have never really done it for me.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • smokymountainrain
            Impressive Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 22593

            #6
            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            Does anyone else here not like U2 but me? I'm not even sure I would go if I were given free tickets. I would probably give them to someone would really would love to go. They have never really done it for me.
            You're not alone. I wouldn't go if given free tickets. In fact, you'd likely have to pay me $50+ to fight the crowds and sit through the concert.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

            Comment

            • MarkGrace
              Grooveshark dick tease
              • Dec 2008
              • 31546

              #7
              Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              You're not alone.
              I don't think that song made the setlist.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

              Comment

              • Babs
                Not a Lawyer
                • Nov 2008
                • 17128

                #8
                You guys always crack me up. Anytime somebody mentions a band: "I'm so too cool for that sh**!!"

                Comment

                • BlueHair
                  Boom Bitches!!!
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 2894

                  #9
                  Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  Does anyone else here not like U2 but me? I'm not even sure I would go if I were given free tickets. I would probably give them to someone would really would love to go. They have never really done it for me.
                  I lost interest after The Joshua Tree. No idea why.
                  Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Babs View Post
                    You guys always crack me up. Anytime somebody mentions a band: "I'm so too cool for that sh**!!"
                    Well, either that or I just don't care for the music.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • EuropeanFootballMale
                      Karate/Friendship Master
                      • Aug 2010
                      • 1339

                      #11
                      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Does anyone else here not like U2 but me? I'm not even sure I would go if I were given free tickets. I would probably give them to someone would really would love to go. They have never really done it for me.
                      Same here. Never got why they are so huge.

                      Comment

                      • Donuthole
                        Official Outgayer
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 25273

                        #12
                        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        Does anyone else here not like U2 but me? I'm not even sure I would go if I were given free tickets. I would probably give them to someone would really would love to go. They have never really done it for me.
                        I do not like U2 (though Joshua Tree was one of the first CDs I ever ordered from Colombia House) but I would go to see Muse, assuming they are still opening like they were last year.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                        There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                        Comment

                        • TripletDaddy
                          sweet triple
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 58186

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          I do not like U2 (though Joshua Tree was one of the first CDs I ever ordered from Colombia House) but I would go to see Muse, assuming they are still opening like they were last year.
                          The billboard off 5th South says The Fray, so it looks like U2 was able to control Muse and degrade them enough to not ask them to open anymore.

                          Since I already know how to save a life, I will probably just stay home.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • Donuthole
                            Official Outgayer
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 25273

                            #14
                            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            The billboard off 5th South says The Fray, so it looks like U2 was able to control Muse and degrade them enough to not ask them to open anymore.

                            Since I already know how to save a life, I will probably just stay home.
                            The Fray is no longer lost and insecure since U2 found them.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                            There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                            Comment

                            • il Padrino Ute
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 19161

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Santos
                              I've waited over a year for this now. And it's going to be rainy and cold. MotherF***!
                              It doesn't matter. The world is ending on Saturday.
                              Last edited by il Padrino Ute; 05-19-2011, 10:54 PM.
                              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                              Comment

                              Working...