No announcement yet.

HBO's Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The action scenes dragged. Fight scenes between Euron and Jaime and the Hound and his brother took too long. Too many dragon breathing fire destruction scenes. About 1/3 of that episode was filler. Which is too much for this late in the game. But I can't complain about any plot line decision. It's all good. It's fun to see the resolution. Thumbs up for this episode and the whole final season so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
      Thumbs up for this episode and the whole final season so far.
      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• i would guess the show folks knew the ending but took a much different route than the books will to get there
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• I would guess I have less of a problem with this season than a lot of you here. Maybe I'm just not that invested, but we all know this isn't Lord of the Rings here. It's just fun junk stories- not literature. We all know that if the show runners and fans had their druthers, the happenings in this episode would occur about 2 years from now after having been properly stewed and marinated over the course of another couple 20 episode seasons. But, they gotta get the show on the road bc of contracts with about everybody involved being too cost/time prohibitive, and get this wrapped up. Kind of too bad, but we do get next week's episode, which isn't going to make anybody really happy, but will give us some closure until we gear up for the prequel series in a few years.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            The action scenes dragged. Fight scenes between Euron and Jaime and the Hound and his brother took too long. Too many dragon breathing fire destruction scenes. About 1/3 of that episode was filler. Which is too much for this late in the game. But I can't complain about any plot line decision. It's all good. It's fun to see the resolution. Thumbs up for this episode and the whole final season so far.
            OMG no kidding. Gee, could we see the dragon take a few more laps and peasants roll around on fire before credits roll? I'd rather watch a quiet dialogue on the battlefield between Dany and Tyrion or something.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• This season has sucked. I have wasted good time where I could have been catching Pokemon on this tits and dragon bullshit.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                This season has sucked. I have wasted good time where I could have been catching Pokemon on this tits and dragon bullshit.
                You can catch Pokemon on tits? Maybe this hobby is more interesting than I thought.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                  This season has sucked. I have wasted good time where I could have been catching Pokemon on this tits and dragon bullshit.
                  This is my meditation for today...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                    You can catch Pokemon on tits? Maybe this hobby is more interesting than I thought.
                    Well there is the AR mode . . .
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      This is pretty funny too:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...hrones-825225/
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        I would guess I have less of a problem with this season than a lot of you here. Maybe I'm just not that invested, but we all know this isn't Lord of the Rings here. It's just fun junk stories- not literature. We all know that if the show runners and fans had their druthers, the happenings in this episode would occur about 2 years from now after having been properly stewed and marinated over the course of another couple 20 episode seasons. But, they gotta get the show on the road bc of contracts with about everybody involved being too cost/time prohibitive, and get this wrapped up. Kind of too bad, but we do get next week's episode, which isn't going to make anybody really happy, but will give us some closure until we gear up for the prequel series in a few years.
                        Reportedly it was the showrunners who sped to the ending. HBO said they gave them 10 episodes this season alone and D&D said no. They had to hurry up and wrap things up because of their other commitments.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                          lazy writing. wasted characters everywhere.
                          Jamie's arc especially has been disappointing.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

• Enjoy!

https://old.reddit.com/r/gameofthron...ell_that_fits/

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              Reportedly it was the showrunners who sped to the ending. HBO said they gave them 10 episodes this season alone and D&D said no. They had to hurry up and wrap things up because of their other commitments.
                              Kind of a dick move imo. I'm sure they could have delegated that to some very passionate filmmakers and writers who would have knocked it out of the park. Oh well.

Comment

• Having said that, I'm very amped for the finale. I have no idea what the endgame is here-- nobody can challenge Dany's power, but she has lost every single drop of being an empathetic character. She has fully 'broken bad' without the lingering appeal or redeeming qualities of a Walter White. We saw this slowly come to pass over the course of the show, most markedly with the execution of Randyl Tarley and son- as unsympathetic of a character as he was. I'm sure if I rewatched the show I could point to other shitty things she's done that are not really defensible, but it seems that with the loss of Jon as a partner and her main support system (Jorah, Missandre, Tyrion as a trusted advisor, etc.) she can't harness her nuttiness as well as she has done up to this point. When she executed Varys I was done with her, even before she torched King's Landing. She is supposed to be an idealistic 'chain breaker'- not a duplicitous crazy bitch who will murder anybody to protect her throne (or an entire city of innocent civilians just to have some revenge). She knows Jon is pure and would rule the way she knows a ruler is supposed to, and the way she professed that she would-- she just can't get over herself and ends up alienating everybody because of it. No way Jon could defend her or support her now, nor Tyrion. I'm eager to see their conversations next week.

As for the last episode, I think Tyrion gets it, and she also tries to execute Jon, but that the attempt falls flat b/c of his Thor/Cap'n America-like qualities that allow him to also walk in the flames and not be burnt that Viserys lacked.

I don't think the Unsullied or the Dothraki (btw how are there any left? I thought they got enveloped by walkers. Guess some wandered out alive ) would ever turn on Dany, but she has to turn on herself somehow, realizing she is unfit to rule. Or Jon kills her and they see that it was the right move after her little display and newly apparent insanity.
                                Last edited by Commando; 05-13-2019, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X