• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
    Disturbed's Hello Darkness blows Simon and Garfunkel out of the water

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4
    this is the true religion jeans and affliction t shirt of music
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Aaron Dessner (The National) and Justin Vernon (Bon Iver) cover Aimee Mann's Wise Up:

I like the original better, but this is pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        this is the true religion jeans and affliction t shirt of music
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I love this cover, poor vocal mix notwithstanding.

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I'm not a big fan of Springstein's Atlantic City. In fact, I hadn't even heard it before I heard a couple of covers of it, both of which I prefer.

First one: The Band

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The next one I like, and probably my favorite, is by the Hold Steady. This is actually the first version of this song I ever heard and I think it captures the emotion better.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I'm a big Stones fan, and this is one of my favorites from them, but I have to admit that I like Elvis Costello's version more.

"The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                  I'm a big Stones fan, and this is one of my favorites from them, but I have to admit that I like Elvis Costello's version more.

Very nice cover.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The California Honeydrops have been my COVID ear worm for awhile. They are a great live band, but have transitioned to the online tip jar scene pretty well. They've also done a series of great off the cuff covers. Here's one:

His voice is honey, and he's a decent guitar and trumpet player. When we return to normal life do yourself a favor and see them live.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

• 'Fire and Rain' by Lech Wierzynski of CA Honeydrops:

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• And one more fun one:

- SeattleUte

Comment

• At creek's suggestion I'll re-post this excellent and surprising cover of Brubeck's Take Five by a Pakistani orchestra and sitar player.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            At creek's suggestion I'll re-post this excellent and surprising cover of Brubeck's Take Five by a Pakistani orchestra and sitar player.
                            One has to wonder what on earth you were searching for when you found that.

It was interesting, and worth listening to all the way through...

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              At creek's suggestion I'll re-post this excellent and surprising cover of Brubeck's Take Five by a Pakistani orchestra and sitar player.

That was enjoyable. I actually bought a sitar years and years ago-- it's not terribly difficult to play if you already play the guitar, but it is a pain to tune. Those tabla drums are what are hard to play.

Comment

• "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X