Just watched the opening of "Saving Private Ryan"

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jarid in Cedar
    CS Institutional Memory
    • Jun 2009
    • 13234

    #1

    Just watched the opening of "Saving Private Ryan"

    I am always amazed how this movie affects me. It doesn't matter how many times I have seen it, where I am at watching it, or who I am with. I still feel the same as the first time I watched it. What a powerful movie.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

    -Rick Majerus
  • Moliere
    One man.....one pie
    • Oct 2009
    • 27882

    #2
    Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    I am always amazed how this movie affects me. It doesn't matter how many times I have seen it, where I am at watching it, or who I am with. I still feel the same as the first time I watched it. What a powerful movie.
    I've got it DVRed and will be watching it the week before I fly out to Paris. I've never seen the beaches despite living in Normandy for a year and vacationing in France twice. This year I'm visiting the for sure.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

    Comment

    Working...