Never Say Never

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • marsupial
    Mississippi Queen
    • Nov 2008
    • 3678

    #1

    Never Say Never

    I am headed to the Justin Bieber movie today. I will return and report with my review. I am sure you are all dying to know if it is any good.
    What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
    -Teenage Dirtbag
  • UtahDan
    *
    • Nov 2008
    • 14496

    #2
    My understanding is that critics are saying it is an interesting movie about the cultural phenomenon which is underway, apart from whether you like the music or not.

    Comment

    • MarkGrace
      Grooveshark dick tease
      • Dec 2008
      • 31546

      #3
      It's 20 minutes too long, but entertaining.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

      Comment

      • marsupial
        Mississippi Queen
        • Nov 2008
        • 3678

        #4
        Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
        It's 20 minutes too long, but entertaining.
        Did you have to babysit an 8-year-old niece or something? What motivated you to see it?
        What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
        -Teenage Dirtbag

        Comment

        • Flystripper
          Degenerate Gambler
          • Nov 2008
          • 14089

          #5
          I have heard nothing but good things about this movie. His story is somewhat compelling and the kid does have talent. I think you will enjoy it.
          Dyslexics are teople poo...

          Comment

          • MarkGrace
            Grooveshark dick tease
            • Dec 2008
            • 31546

            #6
            Originally posted by marsupial View Post
            Did you have to babysit an 8-year-old niece or something? What motivated you to see it?
            Mrs. G has Beiber Fever.
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

            Comment

            • Jacob
              Junior Member
              • Oct 2009
              • 6801

              #7
              Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
              I have heard nothing but good things about this movie. His story is somewhat compelling and the kid does have talent. I think you will enjoy it.
              I only saw him perform at the Grammy's. Not that much talent was on display.

              Comment

              • MarkGrace
                Grooveshark dick tease
                • Dec 2008
                • 31546

                #8
                Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                I only saw him perform at the Grammy's. Not that much talent was on display.
                I'm not going to be a hater, kid has skillz. He's not the world's best singer, but you watch those videos of him and he has this innate sense of musicality. Guitar, piano, drums, etc. The stuff he does on guitar and piano is pretty basic, but he's an impressive drummer for a kid his age. There's footage of him at like 8 or 9 on the kit playing jazz standards with some old men from his church that's pretty legit.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                Comment

                • marsupial
                  Mississippi Queen
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 3678

                  #9
                  Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                  Mrs. G has Beiber Fever.
                  Then I like her.
                  What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                  -Teenage Dirtbag

                  Comment

                  • marsupial
                    Mississippi Queen
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 3678

                    #10
                    Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                    I'm not going to be a hater, kid has skillz. He's not the world's best singer, but you watch those videos of him and he has this innate sense of musicality. Guitar, piano, drums, etc. The stuff he does on guitar and piano is pretty basic, but he's an impressive drummer for a kid his age. There's footage of him at like 8 or 9 on the kit playing jazz standards with some old men from his church that's pretty legit.
                    His mad percussion skillz were awesome. The movie was great. I am totally a Belieber now. He puts on quite a show and I would love to see him live.

                    His story is amazing to me. He was born at the right time. He never could have reached this stardom at such a young age without YouTube and Twitter. I remember when I first saw him on MTV, before I had even heard of him and I was thinking, how did this kid get on MTV?
                    What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                    -Teenage Dirtbag

                    Comment

                    • New Mexican Disaster
                      Suomalainen
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 4549

                      #11
                      I just now listened to my first Justin Bieber song. Safe to say I am a non-Belieber.

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69687

                        #12
                        Never.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • MarkGrace
                          Grooveshark dick tease
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 31546

                          #13
                          Say.
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                          Comment

                          • LiveCoug
                            LA Ute loves me
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 18488

                            #14
                            Die.

                            Comment

                            • Katy Lied
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 9435

                              #15
                              Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                              I just now listened to my first Justin Bieber song. Safe to say I am a non-Belieber.
                              Was the song "Baby?"

                              Comment

                              Working...