Sucky ad campaigns

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • oxcoug
    Dolphins Rape Hipsters
    • Dec 2009
    • 5309

    #1

    Sucky ad campaigns

    The Jack Links "messing with Sasquatch" campaign is lame. End it please.

    The "Progressive" chick is annoying as hell. She should get a new job.
    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

    It can't all be wedding cake.
  • SCcoug
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 7625

    #2
    Deseret First Credit Union.

    Comment

    • wuapinmon
      Soul Plumber
      • Dec 2008
      • 30711

      #3
      [YOUTUBE]qRCBViNVDFQ[/YOUTUBE]

      And also that commercial for Yaz birth control with young girls doing crazy shit like painting their walls orange and cutting their hair. My wife would start in every time she saw that.
      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

      Comment

      • Surfah
        Where's Wallace?
        • Nov 2008
        • 33726

        #4
        I actually like the Jack Links commercials.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

        Comment

        • falafel
          loves to talk on things
          • Mar 2009
          • 37979

          #5
          That's funny, I was just thinking about an ad campaign (or just an ad) that I don't like. Its the new Tebow ad where he repeats variations of the phrase "they said I couldn't do _____."

          They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship.
          They said I couldn't win the Heisman.
          They said I couldn't win a National Championship.

          Who said these things? I don't remember anyone saying that Florida couldn't win a National Championship while Tebow as the QB.

          The final one make some sense: They said I couldn't play in the league.

          Well, you haven't really, so..... I hope someone reminds him of that ad later.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

          Dig your own grave, and save!

          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • oxcoug
            Dolphins Rape Hipsters
            • Dec 2009
            • 5309

            #6
            Originally posted by falafel View Post
            That's funny, I was just thinking about an ad campaign (or just an ad) that I don't like. Its the new Tebow ad where he repeats variations of the phrase "they said I couldn't do _____."

            They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship.
            They said I couldn't win the Heisman.
            They said I couldn't win a National Championship.

            Who said these things? I don't remember anyone saying that Florida couldn't win a National Championship while Tebow as the QB.

            The final one make some sense: They said I couldn't play in the league.

            Well, you haven't really, so..... I hope someone reminds him of that ad later.
            Hah I think he can play in the league - he's gonna be a great fullback in about two years.

            Yeah the national championship thing is ridiculous - oh they were such underdogs and overcame such long odds.
            Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

            It can't all be wedding cake.

            Comment

            • Sizzle
              #ThisIsY
              • Nov 2008
              • 9004

              #7
              They might suck, but you can remember them now!

              Comment

              • old_gregg
                scaly man fish
                • Nov 2009
                • 16915

                #8
                you know what campaign does not suck? the allstate mayhem ads. they are hilarious.
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #9
                  Originally posted by camleish View Post
                  you know what campaign does not suck? the allstate mayhem ads. they are hilarious.
                  They're okay. I like the teenage girl driving one though.

                  I like the State Farm commercials right now. The one with girl from 4E and the hot tub especially.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • UtahDan
                    *
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 14496

                    #10
                    The old HughesNet commercials with Margaret Easley were extremely annoying. Basically she was extremely annoying.

                    Comment

                    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                      Time to camp
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26082

                      #11
                      I was ready to murder someone over Christmas time with the awful/insanely annoying music in these Hyundai commercials.

                      [YOUTUBE]syJCTJCFyE8[/YOUTUBE]
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

                      Comment

                      • The_Tick
                        Made something of myself
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 7292

                        #12
                        Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        I was ready to murder someone over Christmas time with the awful/insanely annoying music in these Hyundai commercials.

                        [YOUTUBE]syJCTJCFyE8[/YOUTUBE]
                        Strangely enough...she works for me. Hot it a beatnik kinda way.

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #13
                          Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          I was ready to murder someone over Christmas time with the awful/insanely annoying music in these Hyundai commercials.

                          [YOUTUBE]syJCTJCFyE8[/YOUTUBE]
                          Preach brotha. And she's not very nice to look at.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #14
                            Any of these local radio and tv variations on that Old Spice guy that instantly changes his clothes and surroundings. There is one in Utah that runs on 1320 every single day and it is about hair restoration.

                            "Hello ladies. Look at my hair. Now look at your husbands hair, now back at mine....."

                            stfu, shark jumper. It is over.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • NorthwestUteFan
                              אלוף
                              • Oct 2010
                              • 3384

                              #15
                              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              Any of these local radio and tv variations on that Old Spice guy that instantly changes his clothes and surroundings.
                              Isaiah Mustafa. Played wideout (practice squad) at ASU, and for the Oilers, Seahawks, Raiders, and Browns. He has a great deadpan delivery.

                              He also looks like my wife's ex-boyfriend (who is recently divorced and wants to 'get together' with her for a weekend in Vegas or Mexico to 'talk'). It is a bit unnerving, but what the hell.

                              The commercials are funny and highly original however. I like the original commercials because they are filmed seamlessly and with a minimal amount of CGI, but any copy of that whole setup is bound to be horrific. No thanks!

                              Comment

                              Working...