The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
    What does that have to do with it? She won't be paying attention to her kids while she's cleaning the guest bedroom either. Just watch the TV show, Cinderella.
    It has everything to do with the need for pretext. I'm just answering your question, man!
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• OITNB really started to grate on me by the end. I am sure I will watch this to see what happened after the finale but I am not that excited about it.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

• Yeah, guess I don't get it. Doesn't seem that hard to say you want to watch a show.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Yeah, guess I don't get it. Doesn't seem that hard to say you want to watch a show.
          If it were just for one show, that would make sense. But we're talking five hours here. Again, just trying to help you get it.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            If it were just for one show, that would make sense. But we're talking five hours here. Again, just trying to help you get it.
            It is one show. But they're teenage boys, just tell them to go run around and blow some shit up for half a day. Like you gave a shit whether your mom was cleaning out the guest bedroom or watching a TV show on Saturday when you were 14.

Comment

It is one show. But they're teenage boys, just tell them to go run around and blow some shit up for half a day. Like you gave a shit whether your mom was cleaning out the guest bedroom or watching a TV show on Saturday when you were 14.
              We didn't have a guest bedroom when I was 14; there were eight of us living in a three bedroom, 1200 sq. ft. house.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                We didn't have a guest bedroom when I was 14; there were eight of us living in a three bedroom, 1200 sq. ft. house.
                Are you serious? Damn that's crowded. Some Hawai'i shit right there.

Comment

Yeah, guess I don't get it. Doesn't seem that hard to say you want to watch a show.
                  You have no idea how annoying kids can be. Seriously.
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                    You have no idea how annoying kids can be. Seriously.
                    Well, I sort of do. That's the reason I don't have any!

Comment

• If I were to watch the show in the TV room, here is what would happen:

KL: (Watching)

Teen son walks into the room, starts watching: "How come you won't let me see R rated movies and you're watching some ladies saying F^&* and B&*(% on your TV show?"

Younger son walks into the room, starts watching: "Hey, how come those ladies are sleeping in the same bed? And what's she doing with her hand under the blanket"

KL: "Both of you, go out and play."

Sons (together): "Not fair!"
                      Last edited by Katy Lied; 06-05-2014, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• Katy started the avalanche and is now laughing about it. I hope you enjoy your show.

Comment

Are you serious? Damn that's crowded. Some Hawai'i shit right there.
                          Ha.
                          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                            If I were to watch the show in the TV room, here is what would happen:

KL: (Watching)

Teen son walks into the room, starts watching: "How come you won't let me see R rated movies and you're watching some ladies saying F^&* and B&*(% on your TV show?"

Younger son walks into the room, starts watching: "Hey, how come those ladies are sleeping in the same bed? And what's she doing with her hand under the blanket"

KL: "Both of you, go out and play."

Sons (together): "Not fair!"
                            Sounds like they'd probably watch with you. Might be an opportunity for some quality family time.

Comment

• The Battered Bastards of Baseball

Documentary that Netflix purchased at Sundance. Really fun and great story about an independent A league team in Portland that played in a league with bunch of affiliated teams in the mid-70's. The team was owned by actor Bing Russell, and his son, Kurt (that's Jack Burton to you!), played for the team for a couple years after his minor league career was cut short. Lots of great characters and just a really entertaining story about a group of has-beens kicking against the baseball establishment. The doc was originally directed by two of Bing's grandsons, but was later purchased and remade by Academy Award nominated director Todd Field. Field was interested in the project because he was actually the bat boy on the team as a little kid.

Anyway, I loved it. Definitely recommended.

Comment

• The Station Agent. Awesome movie with great acting by Peter Dinklage, Patricia Clarkson, Michelle Williams and Bobby Cannavale. Of the four, Bobby Cannavale blew me away. I've always sort of disliked his acting-- over emoting as a mafia hood. But he was amazing in this one. The cast was nominated for a SAG award for best cast performance, and they were great. If you want to watch a small, solid movie, this one is it.

Comment

Working...
                                X