So does Xbox always suck?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
    Time to camp
    • Nov 2008
    • 26082

    #1

    So does Xbox always suck?

    I buy a system that claims to have 250 GB storage on the box, during set up it tells me I have no memory storage. Then trying to download an update for Kinect, though I bought the Xbox Kinect version so I am glad that it already needs an update! I keep getting an error message that it tells me to go to xbox.com/support and enter in. When you go to xbox.com/support and enter the code it says "No results were found".

    Awesome! I think it is going back to Best Buy in about an hour.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke
  • falafel
    loves to talk on things
    • Mar 2009
    • 38003

    #2
    Short answer: no.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    Dig your own grave, and save!

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
      Time to camp
      • Nov 2008
      • 26082

      #3
      Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Short answer: no.
      LOL. That is the wrong short answer.

      Their website and customer call center are both useless. If you buy a brand new product that boasts a feature you should not be required to update your product to use the feature. Also if you do have to update it should work.

      Correct short answer: yes.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #4
        Why not just take it back? Problem solved.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • Uncle Ted
          The Big 12 money shot.
          • Apr 2010
          • 28853

          #5
          Maybe you should get a PS3 instead. It seems they just became very hackable:

          Hacker Claims To Have The PS3's Front Door Keys
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • Colly Wolly
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 1824

            #6
            You don't deserve an xbox. Take it back and get the DVD player.

            Comment

            • HuskyFreeNorthwest
              Time to camp
              • Nov 2008
              • 26082

              #7
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              Why not just take it back? Problem solved.
              Because it is what my kids decided to spend their Xmas money from grandpa on.

              Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              Maybe you should get a PS3 instead. It seems they just became very hackable:
              If he can hack the Xbox to work that would be fantastic.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

              Comment

              • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                Time to camp
                • Nov 2008
                • 26082

                #8
                Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
                You don't deserve an xbox. Take it back and get the DVD player.
                I would like to be deserving of a product that doesn't do what it advertises. Any advice on how to become worthy?
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #9
                  Your kids can still take it back. I'm positive that they can easily find many boxes of the playstation move in the shelves.

                  By e end of the night, your kids could be holding those sweet looking flashlight things with glowing tennis balls on top, having the time of their lives. The Move was a really good idea.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • Babs
                    Not a Lawyer
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 17128

                    #10
                    Use, er, air or.

                    Comment

                    • Colly Wolly
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 1824

                      #11
                      Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      I would like to be deserving of a product that doesn't do what it advertises. Any advice on how to become worthy?
                      You can never become worthy. Sorry.

                      Comment

                      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                        Time to camp
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 26082

                        #12
                        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        Your kids can still take it back. I'm positive that they can easily find many boxes of the playstation move in the shelves.

                        By e end of the night, your kids could be holding those sweet looking flashlight things with glowing tennis balls on top, having the time of their lives. The Move was a really good idea.
                        They are in bed now. They will probably just stick with the Wii, unless this lady name Nicole with the thick Indian accent can provide more help than the resident Xbox fanboys in this thread.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

                        Comment

                        • Colly Wolly
                          Junior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 1824

                          #13
                          Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          They are in bed now. They will probably just stick with the Wii, unless this lady name Nicole with the thick Indian accent can provide more help than the resident Xbox fanboys in this thread.
                          Without more information on how far you are through the set up process, where you are getting the error, and the wording of the error, this is what I recommend:

                          Take it back and get another one. If you have the same problem with the new one, you are the dummy and not worthy.

                          Comment

                          • falafel
                            loves to talk on things
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 38003

                            #14
                            Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                            LOL. That is the wrong short answer.

                            Their website and customer call center are both useless. If you buy a brand new product that boasts a feature you should not be required to update your product to use the feature. Also if you do have to update it should work.

                            Correct short answer: yes.
                            It must be weird to not be tech-literate.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                            Dig your own grave, and save!

                            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                              Time to camp
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 26082

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
                              Without more information on how far you are through the set up process, where you are getting the error, and the wording of the error, this is what I recommend:

                              Take it back and get another one. If you have the same problem with the new one, you are the dummy and not worthy.
                              I have followed word for word the set up instructions in the provided set up guide, then on screen prompts. It tells me that it can not connect to Xbox Live but is connected to the Internet. I have restarted my router and modem, I have also changed my router settings to allow access to required Port 3074.

                              It gives me a 20 digit error message which it tells me to enter into xbox.com/support. When I do that their website tells me that nothing matches that search.
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

                              Comment

                              Working...