Not wild about video games

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • UteStar
    Sexiest Poster in Town
    • Nov 2008
    • 2419

    #1

    Not wild about video games

    In my entire life, I have probably played 10 hours worth of video games at home. I have watched a lot of video games (at friends' houses, etc.) but I have never really wanted to ever play. I played some at arcades growing up, but not the home systems.

    Since I have been married, we have owned a Playstation and a WII and I have played probably 2 hours on both. My 7 year old boy loves the WII and he plays quite a bit when we let him, but no interest for me. So, I guess I am asking, what is my problem?
  • old_gregg
    scaly man fish
    • Nov 2009
    • 16915

    #2
    Originally posted by UteStar View Post
    In my entire life, I have probably played 10 hours worth of video games at home. I have watched a lot of video games (at friends' houses, etc.) but I have never really wanted to ever play. I played some at arcades growing up, but not the home systems.

    Since I have been married, we have owned a Playstation and a WII and I have played probably 2 hours on both. My 7 year old boy loves the WII and he plays quite a bit when we let him, but no interest for me. So, I guess I am asking, what is my problem?
    you're gay
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

    Comment

    • Indy Coug
      Heartless Bastard
      • Dec 2008
      • 18747

      #3
      Originally posted by UteStar View Post
      So, I guess I am asking, what is my problem?
      It's probably that dog humping your crotch.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

      http://twitter.com/CougarStats

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #4
        Originally posted by UteStar View Post
        In my entire life, I have probably played 10 hours worth of video games at home. I have watched a lot of video games (at friends' houses, etc.) but I have never really wanted to ever play. I played some at arcades growing up, but not the home systems.

        Since I have been married, we have owned a Playstation and a WII and I have played probably 2 hours on both. My 7 year old boy loves the WII and he plays quite a bit when we let him, but no interest for me. So, I guess I am asking, what is my problem?
        In the interest of time, which problems would you like me to list first? Also, alphabetical or categorized by level of danger to others?
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • YOhio
          Hipster Mode
          • Nov 2008
          • 26165

          #5
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          In the interest of time, which problems would you like me to list first? Also, alphabetical or categorized by level of danger to others?
          DON'T TALK TO HIM THAT WAY!!!!!!

          Comment

          • UteStar
            Sexiest Poster in Town
            • Nov 2008
            • 2419

            #6
            Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            DON'T TALK TO HIM THAT WAY!!!!!!

            Thank you for defending my honor. Though you were not too quick to my defense when stupid Indy and Camleish took mean shots at me in this thread.

            Comment

            • Lost Student
              BAND!
              • Nov 2008
              • 4324

              #7
              Originally posted by UteStar View Post
              Thank you for defending my honor. Though you were not too quick to my defense when stupid Indy and Camleish took mean shots at me in this thread.
              The only mean shot Indy took was to point out that mean shot you use as your avatar.
              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

              Comment

              • LiveCoug
                LA Ute loves me
                • Nov 2008
                • 18488

                #8
                I'm with you brother. Couldn't care less about video games.

                Comment

                • Indy Coug
                  Heartless Bastard
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 18747

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Lost_Student View Post
                  The only mean shot Indy took was to point out that mean shot you use as your avatar.
                  Yeah. UteStar isn't the sharpeist tool in the shed.
                  Everything in life is an approximation.

                  http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                  Comment

                  • Sizzle
                    #ThisIsY
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 9004

                    #10
                    Originally posted by UteStar View Post
                    Thank you for defending my honor. Though you were not too quick to my defense when stupid Indy and Camleish took mean shots at me in this thread.
                    It's because the others were jus speaking the truth. I'm just sayin!

                    Comment

                    • Slim
                      Straight Out the Trailer
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 1007

                      #11
                      I played a lot of Starcraft in high school. Haven't really been into any video games since then. Someday I'll buy a sweet gaming system and play with my kids but it probably won't be until after residency.

                      Interestingly, my wife is actually the one who easily gets addicted to video games.

                      Comment

                      • UteStar
                        Sexiest Poster in Town
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 2419

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                        It's probably that dog humping your crotch.

                        I changed my avatar. You obviously did not like my last one so I am going back to the old CUF and CG favorite.

                        Comment

                        • Indy Coug
                          Heartless Bastard
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 18747

                          #13
                          Originally posted by UteStar View Post
                          I changed my avatar. You obviously did not like my last one so I am going back to the old CUF and CG favorite.
                          Now I'm pissed that no one acknowledged my "sharpeist" pun.
                          Everything in life is an approximation.

                          http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                          Comment

                          • SteelBlue
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 8189

                            #14
                            One of my proudest moments as a parent was when my son (who logged ridiculous hours on his x-box and playstation from the ages of 7-14) handed me his X-box and said "give this to someone who wants it, I'm too busy."

                            Comment

                            • Levin
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 1152

                              #15
                              Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                              One of my proudest moments as a parent was when my son (who logged ridiculous hours on his x-box and playstation from the ages of 7-14) handed me his X-box and said "give this to someone who wants it, I'm too busy."
                              That is awesome. I mean this genuinely: it's actions like that that say a lot about a teenager.

                              You know how President Hinckley said he doesn't worry about those who pray? The same can be said for teenagers who are self-aware enough to know when there's a life to be lived outside of the world of video games.

                              Comment

                              Working...