Free Screening of Megamind w/Will Ferrell

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Green Lantern
    Has overcome great fear
    • Aug 2009
    • 2289

    #1

    Free Screening of Megamind w/Will Ferrell

    This is the new animated superhero flick with Will Ferrell. The screening is this Saturday at 10 AM at the Gateway in Salt Lake City. Free passes available at www.gofobo.com using the RSVP code: ENTJLS01.
    Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

    None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

    I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

    --Portland Ute
  • Commando
    Explosivo
    • Feb 2009
    • 20748

    #2
    Eff. I tried to do this earlier, but they made me wait all damn day to send my registration link to my email so that when I went to sign up all the tickets were gone. GRRR!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

    Comment

    • Green Lantern
      Has overcome great fear
      • Aug 2009
      • 2289

      #3
      Attended this screening on Saturday with my 5 year old daughter. We both had a great time. I was afraid this would be another pop culture heavy genre riff like Shrek but I was pleasantly surprised. It's actually a pretty nice spin on the comic book superhero story. Brad Pitt is MetroMan, the Superman/Boy Scout-like hero of Metro City and Will Ferrell is MegaMind, the world's greatest criminal genius who only knows how to be evil. Tina Fey is also great as the Lois Lane analog. Our screening was in 3D and the animation is pretty spectacular.

      If anyone is interested, they're doing a few more advance screenings before the film is released. You can go register at www.gofobo.com to be alerted when passes are available.
      Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

      None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

      I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

      --Portland Ute

      Comment

      • hostile
        lollygagger
        • Dec 2009
        • 5736

        #4
        Saw this tonight with our kids. For me it was a good way to get my mind off the debacle at RES. I enjoyed the movie. Kids (ages 9,7,5,3)loved it as well. I'll tell you what gets me really excited, though, is the new Justin Bieber movie coming out next year. The trailer was amazing. I'm sure the full length film will be incredibly awesome but to have it in 3D will increase it's awesomeness by unimaginable amounts.
        "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

        "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

        Comment

        • Katy Lied
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 9435

          #5
          Originally posted by hostile View Post
          Kids (ages 9,7,5,3)loved it as well.
          How odd.

          Comment

          • hostile
            lollygagger
            • Dec 2009
            • 5736

            #6
            Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
            How odd.
            Wait till next year at this time; you won't even believe the weirdness.
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

            "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

            Comment

            • happyone
              Board Bookworm
              • Mar 2009
              • 5398

              #7
              I was listening to Medved last week and he is putting it on his years ten best list.

              I don't go to many movies any more, ( I normally wait for the DVD ), but this one is on the list.

              I may be small, but I'm slow.

              A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

              Comment

              Working...