hey, soul sister!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Babs
    Not a Lawyer
    • Nov 2008
    • 17128

    #1

    hey, soul sister!

    how I wish I'd missed her on the radio.
    (They play train more than's fair, you know.)
  • creekster
    It is NOT a monkey!
    • Nov 2008
    • 22661

    #2
    Originally posted by Babs View Post
    how I wish I'd missed her on the radio.
    (They play train more than's fair, you know.)
    Bite your tongue. It is one of the few songs in recent years to feature a ukelele. In fact, as a result of this song when I pulled out my uke with some of my daughter's frineds the other night, they actaully thought it was cool!
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

    Comment

    • Green Lantern
      Has overcome great fear
      • Aug 2009
      • 2289

      #3
      So the other night my wife started watching this episode of CSI: New York, a show I don't think either of us has ever seen. I looked up from the computer to see if it had the pure camp appeal of CSI: Miami (it doesn't) and got caught up in the bizarre celebrity musical guest appearance by the band Train.

      We get an extended scene of them singing "Soul Sister" in a studio, after which the lead singer is questioned by police because his car was used in a homicide. I'm still not sure if the band was actually supposed to be fictionalized versions of themselves or if they were "playing" a different band that just sings Train songs.

      Spolier alert: Turns out the singer used to be a homeless druggie until he was taken in by kindly hotties Vanessa Minillo and Kim Kardashian. They cleaned him up and then took a life insurance policy out on him so they could somehow kill him and reap the benefits! Dastardly!

      What a bizarre show.
      Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

      None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

      I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

      --Portland Ute

      Comment

      • Babs
        Not a Lawyer
        • Nov 2008
        • 17128

        #4
        holy cow, I got a post out of the monkey. Do I get a prize?

        Comment

        • il Padrino Ute
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 19161

          #5
          Originally posted by Green Lantern View Post
          So the other night my wife started watching this episode of CSI: New York, a show I don't think either of us has ever seen. I looked up from the computer to see if it had the pure camp appeal of CSI: Miami (it doesn't) and got caught up in the bizarre celebrity musical guest appearance by the band Train.

          We get an extended scene of them singing "Soul Sister" in a studio, after which the lead singer is questioned by police because his car was used in a homicide. I'm still not sure if the band was actually supposed to be fictionalized versions of themselves or if they were "playing" a different band that just sings Train songs.

          Spolier alert: Turns out the singer used to be a homeless druggie until he was taken in by kindly hotties Vanessa Minillo and Kim Kardashian. They cleaned him up and then took a life insurance policy out on him so they could somehow kill him and reap the benefits! Dastardly!

          What a bizarre show.
          I saw that episode as well. I still think that the front man for Train was behind it all as like all CSI shows have taught us, the guy who looks guilty most likely is guilty.
          "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


          "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

          Comment

          • chrisrenrut
            Strikes and Gutters
            • Jul 2009
            • 2295

            #6
            I prefer Sweet Soul Sister by The Cult.

            [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNobN73F2JY"]YouTube- The Cult - Sweet Soul Sister[/nomedia]

            Comment

            • il Padrino Ute
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 19161

              #7
              Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
              I prefer Sweet Soul Sister by The Cult.

              YouTube- The Cult - Sweet Soul Sister
              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

              Comment

              • Babs
                Not a Lawyer
                • Nov 2008
                • 17128

                #8
                I prefer the Mister Mister that soul sister is dancing to. (Who dances to Mister Mister?)

                Comment

                • Green Lantern
                  Has overcome great fear
                  • Aug 2009
                  • 2289

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Babs View Post
                  I prefer the Mister Mister that soul sister is dancing to. (Who dances to Mister Mister?)
                  Who doesn't? What are you, a Communist?
                  Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

                  None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

                  I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

                  --Portland Ute

                  Comment

                  • Babs
                    Not a Lawyer
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 17128

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Green Lantern View Post
                    Who doesn't? What are you, a Communist?
                    Maybe my wings are broken.

                    Comment

                    • Green Lantern
                      Has overcome great fear
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 2289

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Babs View Post
                      Maybe my wings are broken.
                      Where I'm going will you follow?
                      Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

                      None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

                      I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

                      --Portland Ute

                      Comment

                      Working...