Why must you ruin a good thing?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cougjunkie
    *Banned*
    • Nov 2008
    • 23223

    #1

    Why must you ruin a good thing?

    So as we all know Will Smiths snot nosed son is the new Karate Kid and Jackie Chan is the new Mr. Miyagi. If its not bad enough that they are remaking one of the greatest movies ever, they have replaced one of the greatest songs from a movie ever:

    [YOUTUBE]-Qae_TUTeGo[/YOUTUBE]

    With this:

    [YOUTUBE]_Z5-P9v3F8w&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

    What the eff?
    *Banned*
  • Pheidippides
    Liberal Feminazi
    • Nov 2008
    • 14759

    #2
    Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    So as we all know Will Smiths snot nosed son is the new Karate Kid and Jackie Chan is the new Mr. Miyagi. If its not bad enough that they are remaking one of the greatest movies ever, they have replaced one of the greatest songs from a movie ever:

    [YOUTUBE]-Qae_TUTeGo[/YOUTUBE]

    With this:

    [YOUTUBE]_Z5-P9v3F8w&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

    What the eff?
    I'm pissed they are remaking the movie at all. I don't know how you can get better than Ralph Macchio, Elizabeth Shue and Pat Morita, how you can get a more awesome montage than the one you posted above, how you have a more relevant outsider-comes-of-age story, how you get better and more iconic than wax-on, wax-off, crane technique with Jackie Chan, Justin Bieber and Spawn of Fresh Prince. What part of my adolecense are you going to ruin next, Hollywood?
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

    Comment

    • Katy Lied
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 9435

      #3
      I know this is sacriledge, but I have never watched any of the Karate Kid movies. They seemed, well, lame.

      But I saw the previews for this one and it looks very exciting. I think I will break down and watch this one, for the scenery alone.

      We saw the previews with our friend who has a black belt in everything, and he was highly amused that it is still karate kid even though in the movie they appear to be doing gung fu.

      Comment

      • thesaint258
        aka Benito Hazard
        • Jan 2009
        • 3005

        #4
        Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        So as we all know Will Smiths snot nosed son is the new Karate Kid and Jackie Chan is the new Mr. Miyagi. If its not bad enough that they are remaking one of the greatest movies ever, they have replaced one of the greatest songs from a movie ever:



        What the eff?
        It appears Hollywood ran out of ideas a long time ago. Now they just remake old movies and make them worse.
        Not that, sickos.

        Comment

        • Surfah
          Where's Wallace?
          • Nov 2008
          • 33726

          #5
          Originally posted by nikuman View Post
          I'm pissed they are remaking the movie at all. I don't know how you can get better than Ralph Macchio, Elizabeth Shue and Pat Morita, how you can get a more awesome montage than the one you posted above, how you have a more relevant outsider-comes-of-age story, how you get better and more iconic than wax-on, wax-off, crane technique with Jackie Chan, Justin Bieber and Spawn of Fresh Prince. What part of my adolecense are you going to ruin next, Hollywood?
          What I hate is the movie is called Karate Kid. But they're in f'ing China and Jackie Chan is teaching him Kung Fu? Why not call the damn thing The Kung Fu Kid?

          This is so blasphemous.

          Edit: Katy made me a hack.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 38003

            #6
            Originally posted by nikuman View Post
            I'm pissed they are remaking the movie at all. I don't know how you can get better than Ralph Macchio, Elizabeth Shue and Pat Morita, how you can get a more awesome montage than the one you posted above, how you have a more relevant outsider-comes-of-age story, how you get better and more iconic than wax-on, wax-off, crane technique with Jackie Chan, Justin Bieber and Spawn of Fresh Prince. What part of my adolecense are you going to ruin next, Hollywood?
            I think you could certainly do better than the version of Elizabeth Shue in the Karate Kid. Elizabeth Shue from Adventures in Babysitting, well that's another story.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • beefytee
              Board eye candy
              • Mar 2009
              • 7542

              #7
              Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
              I know this is sacriledge, but I have never watched any of the Karate Kid movies. They seemed, well, lame.

              But I saw the previews for this one and it looks very exciting. I think I will break down and watch this one, for the scenery alone.

              We saw the previews with our friend who has a black belt in everything, and he was highly amused that it is still karate kid even though in the movie they appear to be doing gung fu.
              The original Karate Kid was a great movie.

              They show it in the MTC. How can it not be a great movie?

              Comment

              • DrumNFeather
                Invisible Swordsman
                • Nov 2008
                • 8854

                #8
                I can promise you that Beibar will never walk through fire. As such, he should not sing about it.

                This is a true disgrace.
                "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                Comment

                • il Padrino Ute
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 19161

                  #9
                  Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                  I'm pissed they are remaking the movie at all. I don't know how you can get better than Ralph Macchio, Elizabeth Shue and Pat Morita, how you can get a more awesome montage than the one you posted above, how you have a more relevant outsider-comes-of-age story, how you get better and more iconic than wax-on, wax-off, crane technique with Jackie Chan, Justin Bieber and Spawn of Fresh Prince. What part of my adolecense are you going to ruin next, Hollywood?

                  "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                  "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                  Comment

                  • Jacob
                    Junior Member
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 6801

                    #10
                    Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                    Never heard of that one.

                    Comment

                    • falafel
                      loves to talk on things
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 38003

                      #11
                      Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                      Wait, they're moving it to LA? Ugh.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                      Dig your own grave, and save!

                      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • Pheidippides
                        Liberal Feminazi
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 14759

                        #12
                        Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        I think you could certainly do better than the version of Elizabeth Shue in the Karate Kid. Elizabeth Shue from Adventures in Babysitting, well that's another story.
                        Elizabeth Shue from The Saint (not a great movie, to be sure, but she got hot!) would be my pick. But there was something endearing and very high school-ish about the chunky ES in Karate Kid. That role was a great fit for her.
                        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                        Comment

                        • Katy Lied
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 9435

                          #13
                          For those of you who like your babes with brains, ES is a Harvard grad.

                          Comment

                          • il Padrino Ute
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19161

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                            Never heard of that one.
                            Never heard of the original? It's a cult classic.
                            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                            Comment

                            • il Padrino Ute
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 19161

                              #15
                              Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              Wait, they're moving it to LA? Ugh.
                              Yep. As if remaking it isn't bad enough, Tony Scott found a way to make the situation worse.
                              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                              Comment

                              Working...