Party Down

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
    Time to camp
    • Nov 2008
    • 26082

    #1

    Party Down

    Has anyone watched this show? I saw about 10 minutes of an episode on Starz a couple weeks ago and have since been watching on Netflix. Very funny, great characters.

    I feel like I have found this hidden gem I had never heard of before.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke
  • Green Lantern
    Has overcome great fear
    • Aug 2009
    • 2289

    #2
    Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Has anyone watched this show? I saw about 10 minutes of an episode on Starz a couple weeks ago and have since been watching on Netflix. Very funny, great characters.

    I feel like I have found this hidden gem I had never heard of before.
    Ditto! I'd heard about the show a couple times but hadn't ever seen an episode until this week. I love that all the episodes are available on Netflix streaming and the show is like some weird collection of several of my favorite comedic actors: Ken Marino from THE STATE, Martin Starr from FREAKS AND GEEKS and Jane Lynch too. We've only watched 3 episodes so far, but we're loving it.
    Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

    None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

    I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

    --Portland Ute

    Comment

    • landpoke
      Never once baby snatched
      • Nov 2008
      • 4183

      #3
      Any show that features Steve Guttenberg prominently is the tits in my book.
      There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

      Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

      Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
      Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
      …
      Tomorrow is Saturday
      And Sunday comes afterwards

      Comment

      • falafel
        loves to talk on things
        • Mar 2009
        • 37974

        #4
        I watched the first two episodes on Netflix tonight based on your recommendation. Great show, I can't wait to see more. I generally enjoy Rob Thomas shows and it was fun to see some old Veronica Mars characters pop up.

        Produced by Fred Savage!
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

        Dig your own grave, and save!

        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • BoylenOver
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 9146

          #5
          I'm glad more people are discovering this show. I started a thread last May that got nothing.

          The cast is great, and they've had some awesome guest stars (Kristen Bell, Tom Lennon, Enrico Colantoni, J.K. Simmons, Joe Lo Truglio).
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

          Comment

          • Commando
            Explosivo
            • Feb 2009
            • 20748

            #6
            I love this show too... I have to keep it away from my more straight-laced roommates, though -ha!
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

            Comment

            • Green Lantern
              Has overcome great fear
              • Aug 2009
              • 2289

              #7
              We've now watched 8 episodes of Season 1. The one with the Russian mob had me in tears. "You've seen DINGLEBERRIES?" Jane Lynch is a comedic genius.
              Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

              None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

              I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

              --Portland Ute

              Comment

              • MarkGrace
                Grooveshark dick tease
                • Dec 2008
                • 31546

                #8
                Canceled.

                I just started watching it the other day. My did Lizzy Caplan get hot.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                Comment

                • BoylenOver
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 9146

                  #9
                  Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                  Canceled.

                  I just started watching it the other day. My did Lizzy Caplan get hot.
                  This sucks, but I'm not surprised. With Adam Scott joining Parks & Rec, there wasn't enough incentive to continue with the show. Which is a shame, because it was great.

                  BTW I appreciated Daniel Franzese (Lizzy Caplan's best friend in "Mean Girls") being on the 2nd-to-last episode.
                  "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                  "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                  Comment

                  • falafel
                    loves to talk on things
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 37974

                    #10
                    Holy crap, I can't believe Lizzy Caplan was that chick from Mean Girls. She's way to hot to be that goth chick. But she doesn't appear to be hot in other shows.... strange.

                    I was bummed it was canceled, but at least there was sort of some closure with the character arcs. I mean, they'd have to start a whole new story line next season anyway.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                    Dig your own grave, and save!

                    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • Commando
                      Explosivo
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 20748

                      #11
                      Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                      Canceled.

                      I just started watching it the other day. My did Lizzy Caplan get hot.
                      Oh she showcases her full gambit of hotness in True Blood...
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                      Comment

                      • MarkGrace
                        Grooveshark dick tease
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 31546

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        Oh she showcases her full gambit of hotness in True Blood...
                        Yeah, seen those screencaps floating around on the gossip blogs.
                        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                        Comment

                        • MarkGrace
                          Grooveshark dick tease
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 31546

                          #13
                          I hadn't see her for a while, and was quite shocked she walked out onto Kimmel's set a couple weeks ago. Kinda reminded me of Brittany Murphy emerging post-Clueless.

                          [YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0D6ILPwIrXs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0D6ILPwIrXs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                          Comment

                          • MartyFunkhouser
                            Disciple of RNGesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 18747

                            #14
                            I'm stuck in the Portland airport and watched the 1st episode. I find it very funny.
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

                            Comment

                            • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                              Time to camp
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 26082

                              #15
                              Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                              I'm stuck in the Portland airport and watched the 1st episode. I find it very funny.
                              So much for it being "America's Best Airport".
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

                              Comment

                              Working...