Millions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Viking
    Banned
    • Jun 2009
    • 6470

    #1

    Millions

    Not exactly a work of art, but a very sweet movie that even kids can enjoy and learn a thing or two.
  • MarkGrace
    Grooveshark dick tease
    • Dec 2008
    • 31546

    #2
    Great movie. I'd actually rank this and Trainspotting above Slumdog in terms of Danny Boyle films.

    Another good one in the same vein is Son of Rambow.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

    Comment

    • Viking
      Banned
      • Jun 2009
      • 6470

      #3
      yes, better than slumdog millionaire for sure. we love millions...it, like Arrested Development, was prescient of the impending housing disaster and the short term greed that pervaded the UK/soCal/US

      Comment

      • marsupial
        Mississippi Queen
        • Nov 2008
        • 3678

        #4
        How can you talk about Millions on this website without bringing up the classic Mormon missionary scene. I tried to find it on Youtube, but I couldn't.
        What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
        -Teenage Dirtbag

        Comment

        • frank ryan
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 12380

          #5
          Originally posted by marsupial View Post
          How can you talk about Millions on this website without bringing up the classic Mormon missionary scene. I tried to find it on Youtube, but I couldn't.
          I loved it when the missionaries biked home with tons of appliances.

          Boyle is coming to Utah to make a documentary about the guy who his arm off after it was trapped under a boulder.

          Comment

          • frank ryan
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 12380

            #6
            I'd actually say Millions qualifies are very good art.

            Comment

            • New Mexican Disaster
              Suomalainen
              • Nov 2008
              • 4549

              #7
              Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              I'd actually say Millions qualifies are very good art.
              So would I. It is one of my family's favorite movies. The main character gave a wonderful performance. The story was very touching.

              I definitely thought it was superior to Slumdog.

              Comment

              • Green Lantern
                Has overcome great fear
                • Aug 2009
                • 2289

                #8
                Quick shout out to the secret weapon of this movie's success: screenwriter Frank Cottrell Boyce, who wrote both the novel and the screenplay. Boyce is one of the most original screenwriters in Hollywood and, outside of this movie, has done most of his work with director Michael Winterbottom. The guy is just insanely talented and I would urge fans of this movie specifically and original storytelling in general to check out 24 HOUR PARTY PEOPLE, CODE 46 and my personal favorite TRISTRAM SHANDY.
                Last edited by Green Lantern; 03-06-2010, 10:45 PM.
                Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

                None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

                I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

                --Portland Ute

                Comment

                Working...