No announcement yet.

Go see Slumdog Millionaire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The movie was rated-R for a gratuitous fecal immersion scene. As much as it pains me to agree with RockyBalboa on what is and isn't a great movie, I really enjoyed watching this movie.
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

So looks like I'm the last person the planet to see this. The Mrs. and I just finished watching and we both thought that it was good, though not great. Knowing the premise to the story beforehand, I couldn't get past the idea that they wouldn't be able to pull it off without being cheesy. Given all the hype, I thought that must have exactly done that, but in the end, I don't know, the ending just felt too Hollywood for me. I did like the brother's redemption in the final scene, but this film kind of seemed out of place for a Best Picture winner. It was incredibly well shot and I appreciated the highly stylized visuals, but the storyline felt more like a cheer-out-loud-blockbuster kind of film.

Anyway, I liked the last two Best Picture winners significantly more than Slumdog.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

In the pantheon of Boyle works, I'd put it below both Trainspotting and Millions.

I also recently saw his movie Sunshine. I'm not a sci-fi geek, so I really wasn't that into it, but I thought his use of light as evil and dark as good as incredibly interesting.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Working...
        X