The "last movie I saw" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
    OK we know everybody on this board has seen it, what's your real review?
    No self-respecting adult should watch comic book hero movies. So... maybe grow up? These movies are written for 12-yo boys and are far too dumb for any thinking adult.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
      No self-respecting adult should watch comic book hero movies. So... maybe grow up? These movies are written for 12-yo boys and are far too dumb for any thinking adult.
      Maybe you could challenge me to a fight sometime.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Maybe you could challenge me to a fight sometime.
        Fans of superhero movies elected Donald Trump. Stupid is as stupid does.
        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

• The last superhero movie I thought was awesome was the first Guardians of the Galaxy.

Not sure if the movies are getting stupider or if I’m finally getting too old and boring to enjoy them. I definitely don’t look forward to them but will go to them with my kids if they want me to go.

I didn’t hate Batman versus Superman, probably because my expectations for that one could not have been lower.

Comment

Fans of superhero movies elected Donald Trump. Stupid is as stupid does.
            I've seen and enjoyed more than my share of movies so pretentious your voice would go up an octave if you were made to discuss them with me on a panel. I'm sure there is some bullshit in your life that isn't highbrow that I could get on my high horse about, but I'm not insecure like that. What music do you listen to? I bet it's some bullllllshiiit!
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I've seen and enjoyed more than my share of movies so pretentious your voice would go up an octave if you were made to discuss them with me on a panel. I'm sure there is some bullshit in your life that isn't highbrow that I could get on my high horse about, but I'm not insecure like that. What music do you listen to? I bet it's some bullllllshiiit!
              Doesn't matter. You admitted you like superhero movies, which invalidates all your other film criticism.

Reggae music & country music... same thing. Anyone that admits to listening to and enjoying that shit cannot critique anything else without being laughed out of the room.

Comment

Doesn't matter. You admitted you like superhero movies, which invalidates all your other film criticism.

Reggae music & country music... same thing. Anyone that admits to listening to and enjoying that shit cannot critique anything else without being laughed out of the room.
                Did you enjoy Dark Knight? Guess what- SUPERHERO MOVIE! I hope you can dig down and find the strength to carry on!

Comment

Did you enjoy Dark Knight? Guess what- SUPERHERO MOVIE! I hope you can dig down and find the strength to carry on!
                  Batman is a perfect example of the mob vigilante justice that Trump personifies; that it's OK to take matters into one's own hands as long as it is for the "good" of society. Trump, like Batman, is the rich savior that will define for us what is good and "drain the swamp" of Gotham as a side benefit.

American audiences weaned on this superhero fiction want a hero to just kill all the bad guys, clean up the city, and tell us everything will be okay.

Enter stage right candidate Donald Trump.

So thanks superhero moviegoers... you fucking nitwits.

Comment

Batman is a perfect example of the mob vigilante justice that Trump personifies; that it's OK to take matters into one's own hands as long as it is for the "good" of society. Trump, like Batman, is the rich savior that will define for us what is good and "drain the swamp" of Gotham as a side benefit.

American audiences weaned on this superhero fiction want a hero to just kill all the bad guys, clean up the city, and tell us everything will be okay.

Comment

That was Bane's M.O.

Comment

• Lol. Walter.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

You sound like someone that voted from Hillary.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The superhero is just the latest iteration of The Hero story that has been told in mythological legends and stories for millenia. There just may be more to The Hero story. But this has all the markers of trolling.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
                              The superhero is just the latest iteration of The Hero story that has been told in mythological legends and stories for millenia. There just may be more to The Hero story. But this has all the markers of trolling.
                              Yeah. Nobody tell Walter that The Book of Mormon follows the fantasy literature archetype... or maybe he'll just double down and say mormonism was invented by a 14-year old boy.

Comment

• I stopped paying attention to what movies Walter likes when he dissed Coco.
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X