No announcement yet.

The "last movie I saw" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I know JL well enough to safely predict that he will not be on the list.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Sitting in the theater waiting for Ready Player One to start. Better not suck.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Sitting in the theater waiting for Ready Player One to start. Better not suck.
        If the movie stripped the Zork references, then it will suck.
        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Sitting in the theater waiting for Ready Player One to start. Better not suck.
          Kinda sucked.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• coco is fine, but most definitely overrated. pretty boring, tbh. not a waste of money.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
              STFU. I've watched Gladiator at least a dozen times.
              But how many times have you listened to the soundtrack?

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                that soundtrack is great
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                  some people here are heartless losers who didn’t like it. which reminds me, gotta update my shitlist.
                  Like bawling in front of other people? Gather the family and watch Coco! :thumbsup:
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Kinda sucked.
                    Stripped Zork, Joust, Monty Python, well, everything related to the challenges. Not a single challenge is the same as in the book.

I know that adaptations of books, by their very nature, require cutting stuff and changing other things. But man, feels like they made some really unnecessary and stupid changes. Not just to the references, but also to the plot. Kind of reminds me of how the movie version of The Firm decided to make Tom Cruise stick around and "fight" instead of escape to the Caribbean.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• So I'll probably enjoy the movie since I never read the book.

One of my biggest regrets is excitedly reading Jurassic Park before the movie dropped. EVERYBODY loves that movie except me.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        So I'll probably enjoy the movie since I never read the book.

One of my biggest regrets is excitedly reading Jurassic Park before the movie dropped. EVERYBODY loves that movie except me.
                        Yeah, see the movie. But then read the book. Maybe wait a year or so to forget some of the movie plot.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Stripped Zork, Joust, Monty Python, well, everything related to the challenges. Not a single challenge is the same as in the book.
                          Well then... FTS.
                          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                            Hundreds of times.

Comment

I know that adaptations of books, by their very nature, require cutting stuff and changing other things. But man, feels like they made some really unnecessary and stupid changes. Not just to the references, but also to the plot. Kind of reminds me of how the movie version of The Firm decided to make Tom Cruise stick around and "fight" instead of escape to the Caribbean.
                              That was ridiculous.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Haven't read the book, but one of the challenges in the movie is awesome. Spielberg recreates scenes from a really famous movie.
                                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Working...
                                X