X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
    Watched 3 days to kill tonight.

Liked it.
    Well, you're such an excellent person otherwise that I'm able to overlook this cinematic blind spot on your part.

Comment

• We took the kids to the Lego Movie tonight. They loved it. I thought it was pretty funny.
      Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        It's slim pickings in the theaters at this point, so we opted for The Lego Movie, despite DDD's warning. Though it wasn't great, and the main song will haunt me for weeks, it had a lot of decent laughs and the animation was pretty clever. We agreed it was the best interlocking plastic blocks movie we had ever seen.

But perhaps our enthusiasm was due to our having seen the execrable Three Days to Kill just five nights earlier--Kevin Costner in a Liam Neeson-type action hero role, and his screen daughter is only slightly less annoying than Neeson's in Taken. And has there ever been a movie featuring an albino who is a good person? They're all evil, EVIL, I tell you. Strangely, The Albino, as he is known, in this movie isn't really an albino. I don't know if this is part of some weird affirmative action program (like an ACT production of A Christmas Carol that featured a black Mrs. Cratchit and a black Tiny Tim with white siblings), but between getting shut out of one of the few roles tailored for albinos, and the consistently horrible depiction of albinos in films, albinos are being victimized by Hollywood and there's money to be made here for an aggressive plaintiff's lawyer.
        After having seen the Jason Bourne movie with Kevin Costner, I have sworn off any movie with Kevin Costner. The guy is incapable of acting, especially if it requires a mean streak, or a streak of desperation. If it stars Kevin Costner, it will be excreable. You have been forewarned. I am glad I saved myself from a tortuous evening.
        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Is this the movie that takes place on an airplane? Someone gets killed every twenty minutes?
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            Is this the movie that takes place on an airplane? Someone gets killed every twenty minutes?
            Yes
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              Yes
              No! That one has Liam Neesam.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                Hah. Taken 3.

Comment

This. And I believe it comes out this week.
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    Is this the movie that takes place on an airplane? Someone gets killed every twenty minutes?
                    That movie, Non-Stop, opens Friday. 3 Days to Kill isn't bad enough to warrant a visit for unintended laughs, but it's close. There are so many odd plot points, including
                    Spoiler for (like it matters...):
                    Costner's fatal illness with symptoms that kick in only at the climactic point of each long firefight, but can be alleviated with a drink of vodka, and a large, extended family of African immigrants who squat in Costner's apartment, and can't be evicted until April per some odd Parisian landlord-tenant law. At least their presence allows Costner to view the birth of a baby that emerges without any muss, or an umbilicus, and appears to be eight months old. I could add a few more, but that would force me to relive the experience, which I cannot do.

Comment

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        Saw Moliere has last post in this thread. Clicked hoping it was another movie review. "Turned this on last night, watched the first scene, next thing I know I wake up to the final credits." or... "This one wasn't too bad. I only fell asleep once, and it was only for about 15 minutes. I had a little trouble piecing together the plot points I missed, but all in all, a thumbs up."

Moliere, you need a film review blog.

Comment

How on earth does Liam Neesam get these roles? His action movies are terrible.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                            Saw Moliere has last post in this thread. Clicked hoping it was another movie review. "Turned this on last night, watched the first scene, next thing I know I wake up to the final credits." or... "This one wasn't too bad. I only fell asleep once, and it was only for about 15 minutes. I had a little trouble piecing together the plot points I missed, but all in all, a thumbs up."

Moliere, you need a film review blog.
                            http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1074813

Comment

• Yes, I enjoyed that post. Although I may kick you in the nuts if we ever meet for sleeping through Vertigo. One of the best ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                How on earth does Liam Neesam get these roles? His action movies are terrible.
                                What?!?

Liam-Neeson-MEME.jpg
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X