Gentleman Broncos is getting universally panned

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RobinFinderson
    Banned
    • Nov 2008
    • 10548

    #1

    Gentleman Broncos is getting universally panned

    What a shame. I thought it looked promising, but the critics are crapping all over over on Metacritic. I'll wait until someone here can recommend it before I plunk down coin. Volunteers?
  • I.J. Reilly
    Nobody's Fool
    • Apr 2009
    • 2949

    #2
    I saw it in a prerelease showing a week ago. It was underwhelming. Most of the jokes were juvenile in nature (lots of throw up jokes), the plot failed to move for quite some time, and the characters weren't really endearing as in other Hess pics. It was fun picking out the different places around Utah that the movie was filmed, though, and there were a few things in the movie worth quoting, but nothing like the lines to be found in other Hess films.

    Comment

    • Non Sequitur
      Where did I put my bodkin
      • Nov 2008
      • 5773

      #3
      Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
      ...the characters weren't really endearing as in other Hess pics.
      By "other Hess pics", I assume you mean Napolean Dynamite. Has Jared Hess made any other endearing films?
      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

      Comment

      • I.J. Reilly
        Nobody's Fool
        • Apr 2009
        • 2949

        #4
        Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
        By "other Hess pics", I assume you mean Napolean Dynamite. Has Jared Hess made any other endearing films?
        Are you not remembering Ignacio or are you deliberately hating on him? And don't discount Jershua's contribution as co-writer. She doesn't direct, but she has been co-writer on all the films.

        Comment

        Working...