• Show
Clear All

• Everything All The Time - Band Of Horses

Comment

• The Crane Wife - The Decemberists

Comment

• Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - "The Tyranny of Distance"
        "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
        "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

• Beach House - "Gila"
          "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
          -John Heisman

Comment

• I want very badly to get Chant Darling by Lawrence Arabia, that is, do more than listen to it online. But so far it is not to be.

Comment

• Microcastle - Deerhunter
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                I've resisted listening to the leak of the Spoon album, but I hear it's solid. If you need an '09 Spoon fix just get the White Rabbits album.
                I read three reviews of the Spoon album last night and all seemed to indicate that they've abandoned the heavy hooks and verse-chorus-verse template on this new album. I didn't have to read much more to get excited.

Comment

• Andorra - Caribou

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                    I read three reviews of the Spoon album last night and all seemed to indicate that they've abandoned the heavy hooks and verse-chorus-verse template on this new album. I didn't have to read much more to get excited.
                    Nor I to feel sad.

No matter, there are plenty of people who are happy to trade financial success for critical acclaim.

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                      Nor I to feel sad.

No matter, there are plenty of people who are happy to trade financial success for critical acclaim.
                      Spoon had plenty of acclaim and no financial success making pop songs. I'm just happy to see something different. Every band needs to experiment a bit.

Comment

• Pet Sounds - The Beach Boys

Comment

• SMiLE - Brian Wilson

Comment

• Flaming Pie - Paul McCartney

Comment

• I'm really digging the harmony in this song.

[YOUTUBE]KlJy_Cb21Lw[/YOUTUBE]
                              sigpic
                              "Outlined against a blue, gray
                              October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                              Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• xx - The xx

Comment

Working...
                                X