No announcement yet.

The "what are you listening to at this very moment" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way for you to get your algorithm back on track with Apple Music or Spotify? Wife and kids are a problem for my feed as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
      Is there a way for you to get your algorithm back on track with Apple Music or Spotify? Wife and kids are a problem for my feed as well.
      yeah, where is incognito mode?

Comment

• Haven't seen my list yet. I expect the two #1 things will be Coco Melon - Baa Baa Black Sheep and Moana songs from all the visits from our granddaughter played on our Echo Show.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
          We were driving the other night and my daughter was choosing the songs. At some point I found it that it was on my spotify. When I yelled at her for ruining my algorithm she laughed so hard she cried. It was like 4 TS songs in a row and then a few Olivia Rodrigo. WTF?
          My daughters were laughing the other day about messing up their uncle's YouTube algorithm. Apparently he's into WWE and motorcycles. So they played (but didn't necessarily watch) a bunch of little kid shows. Their aunt also thought it was hilarious.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• New Hozier album "Unreal/Unearth' is pretty good. I especially like the guitar tone of this one:

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              New Hozier album "Unreal/Unearth' is pretty good. I especially like the guitar tone of this one:

I've never heard of this guy, but I agree the tone is great. 99% sure it's a Strat using the neck pickup going through a Fender tube amp (sounds like tweed era/ clone amp, maybe Tweed Deluxe). It's a classic tone.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post

I've never heard of this guy, but I agree the tone is great. 99% sure it's a Strat using the neck pickup going through a Fender tube amp (sounds like tweed era/ clone amp, maybe Tweed Deluxe). It's a classic tone.
                Interesting.

You should give him a listen. He has a unique style and records in different locations. I believe one album was recorded in an old chapel.

I’m a huge fan of this song:

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• What am I listening to right now? Bad to the Bone by George Thorogood.

Part of my attempt to get to know other types of music than what I've always listened to. George Thorogood and the Destroyers have recorded some interesting stuff.

Comment

• Eric Carmen died over the weekend. Beyond "All By Myself" and "Hungry Eyes," he fronted power pop pioneers Raspberries. Such a phenomenal and fun band. They've been on rotation for me the past two days.

Comment

• Great songs, but looking at those videos I'm surprised he made it until the Year of our Lord 2024.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Love me some Eric Carmen. Turn the radio up for that sweet sound.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• If anyone cares what a 53 year old man thinks about music made by Millennials then heed my words. The new Vampire Weekend album Only God Was Above US is phenomenal. Kind of a return to their first album with an interesting jazz fueled edge. I can't stop listening.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              yeah, this guy rocks.
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• I can't get Bubba Shot the Jukebox out of my head. It's just playing on a loop and I have no idea why. Not complaining, mind you. Great song.

Comment

Working...
                                X