The "what are you listening to at this very moment" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
    This isn't music, but I've been listening a Podcast - The History of Byzantium on my walks. It's a subject I've always been fascinated with - the podcast covers the history of Byzantine Empire from the fall of Rome in 476 to the fall of Constantinople in 1453 - over 200 episodes. I'm up to the late 900s - episode 156.
    I've got the hard copy of it - was a good bathroom book for over a year.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• The John Norwich one?

I'm all caught up on the History of Byzantium pod cast - 252 episodes and still not at the 4th Crusade

i just started on on the History of Anglo-Saxon Britain - from the Roman pull in out, roughly 400 AD, through William the Conqueror in 1066
      Last edited by happyone; 12-21-2022, 04:23 AM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Since in another thread we are talking Sinead covers and Sinead hairstyles, here is my favorite Sinead song, from the same album as "Nothing Compares 2 U". I have a weakness for songs that start soft and then start banging.

Live version (I like this):

Album version:

Comment

• Be gentle:
          IMG_8076.jpgIMG_8077.jpgIMG_8078.jpg
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• congratulations on being gay
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              I live and work among the music normies. They are good people with unrefined tastes. My disgust for their tastes have dissipated as I've gotten older. But your number 1 artist is a capital offense. Shame! Shame! Shame! Shame!

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                congratulations on being gay

Originally posted by USUC View Post

I live and work among the music normies. They are good people with unrefined tastes. My disgust for their tastes have dissipated as I've gotten older. But your number 1 artist is a capital offense. Shame! Shame! Shame! Shame!
                I know BNL is nothing special but I do have a soft spot in my heart for them. They were the music that raised my children for 20 years. We saw them in concert at their dizzying heights (well, in Canada) and their lows playing in small venues. Good group of guys with decent songs. My kids now make fun of me since my favorites playlist is about 15% BNL music, but they were the ones belting out the lyrics when they were younger.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

I know BNL is nothing special but I do have a soft spot in my heart for them. They were the music that raised my children for 20 years. We saw them in concert at their dizzying heights (well, in Canada) and their lows playing in small venues. Good group of guys with decent songs. My kids now make fun of me since my favorites playlist is about 15% BNL music, but they were the ones belting out the lyrics when they were younger.
                  You edited your post before I could make fun of you

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post

You edited your post before I could make fun of you
                    If it was a solid slam, I'll unedit it for you.
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

• My Spotify wrapped is pretty funny. I primarily listen to Apple, but I still use Spotify when I play first person shooters on the xbox, which isn't often. Anyway, I guess I listened to 12 hours of Golden-era rap this year.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Spotify only does the top 5 artists and I don't know how to share the image.

But here goes, and as it should be no surprise to anyone:

#1 Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
                        #2 Beastie Boys
                        #3 Tom Petty
                        #4 Creedence Clearwater Revival
                        #5 Taylor Swift (I guess this is what happens when my account is the one that plays on the Google Home and people listen to in the kitchen and elsewhere)

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                          Spotify only does the top 5 artists and I don't know how to share the image.

But here goes, and as it should be no surprise to anyone:

#1 Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
                          #2 Beastie Boys
                          #3 Tom Petty
                          #4 Creedence Clearwater Revival
                          #5 Taylor Swift (I guess this is what happens when my account is the one that plays on the Google Home and people listen to in the kitchen and elsewhere)
                          Riiiiiiiiight......

- SeattleUte

Comment

If it was a solid slam, I'll unedit it for you.
                            Wasn't that solid, was just pointing out that you missed that Erasure was your #5 listen.

Comment

Riiiiiiiiight......
                              We were driving the other night and my daughter was choosing the songs. At some point I found it that it was on my spotify. When I yelled at her for ruining my algorithm she laughed so hard she cried. It was like 4 TS songs in a row and then a few Olivia Rodrigo. WTF?

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post

Wasn't that solid, was just pointing out that you missed that Erasure was your #5 listen.
                                I thought that was the one you were referring to.

A solid slam would have been 'your playlist is so gay you forgot Erasure was even on there!'
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X