No announcement yet.

The "what are you listening to at this very moment" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depeche Mode - Music for the Masses. The power of nostalgia in music is pretty impressive. Whenever turn on something I listened to as a kid, associations and memories I haven't thought of in years usually pop into my head.

Comment

• Men At Work - Overkill

Freaking love this song. My older brother introduced me to Men At Work and The Police at a very young impressionable age. I hear this song and it brings back memories of me pulling out the record and blasting it on his stereo before he came home from HS in our shared bedroom.

Comment

• Brett Morgen who directed Montage of Heck was talking on a radio show I really like yesterday about how he was talking with Courtney Love about what would Kurt be today if he was still alive and she said that she imagined he'd be really similar to Tom Petty.

That sent me into a little bit of a TP tilt on Spotify, I really enjoy the Wildflowers album. Tip of the cap to our resident Bishop Tom Petty fanatic BigPiney.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          Brett Morgen who directed Montage of Heck was talking on a radio show I really like yesterday about how he was talking with Courtney Love about what would Kurt be today if he was still alive and she said that she imagined he'd be really similar to Tom Petty.

That sent me into a little bit of a TP tilt on Spotify, I really enjoy the Wildflowers album. Tip of the cap to our resident Bishop Tom Petty fanatic BigPiney.
          Wildflowers was originally going to be a double album, but they decided just to go with a single album. They are going to be releasing the rest of the songs later this year, so you may really enjoy that as well. Should be awesome. Rick Rubin is a heck of a producer.

Comment

• The War on Drugs - A Pile of Tires

Ironically it sounds like a great song to get high to.

Comment

• "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I listened to a radio interview this weekend w/ D.O.C. and it was revealed that his voice is miraculously recovering!
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Mr. Bungle -- OU818 demo
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I enjoy listening to Luca Stricagnoli's acoustic guitar versions of various genres.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxHGyqobsbI
                    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Courtney Barnett - Pedestrian at Best.

I don't know why it affects me like this when its not even mine to consider.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Beach Boys - Smile

What a trip. Never heard the whole album before. Can't believe this was recorded in 1967.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Comment

• ^Yikes^. Let's get this thread back on track:

https://soundcloud.com/6131ecords/something
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X