Official Photography Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Space Ghost
    Look at these two pics, taken about 1 minute apart of my wife and myself sitting at a table enjoying Mother's Day brunch (f/4.0, ISO100). My wife is sitting at the table facing south toward the soft light of the morning (35mm, 1/30s). I am sitting at the table facing north with a bright window behind me (50mm, 1/125s). When I snapped the pic of my wife, I looked at the preview and said "Wow, the ambient light is just about perfect right now." The color is rich and deep. Her eyes and hair are nicely illuminated by the light streaming in from the restaurant's windows to her immediate right. She insisted that she be able to take a picture of me in return. I warned her that it would not be ideal. As you can see it turned out dark and flat. (I should have switched places with her.)

cheers.
    Hey, how much weight have you lost? You're a lot thinner.

Comment

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
        You're not using your mom's camera any more, are you? These blues don't look periwinklish enough to be from a Nikon D40.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
          You're not using your mom's camera any more, are you? These blues don't look periwinklish enough to be from a Nikon D40.
          This is my own now, a Nikon D3000. I took this one this morning, and the blues make me happy.

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• gorgeous color wuap

Comment

• Did I overdo it?

These photos are untouched, btw.
              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                Did I overdo it?

These photos are untouched, btw.
                Looks great to me. Did you have your saturation cranked up to +3?

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                  Looks great to me. Did you have your saturation cranked up to +3?
                  The first one was shot using the "flower" setting for up close. I was worried about the backlight, so I activated the flash. f/8 1/200s ISO 100 18mm, 3.6 Aperture.

the second one was shot using the landscape setting. f/10 1/250s ISO 140 32mm, 4.5 aperture

Comment

• I like this portrait:

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Ghost
                      yes you did overdo it (IMHO).

Very nice, I like it as well. Did you snap that? If so..

[advice type="unsolicited" class="feel free to ignore"]the picture wouldcould benefit greatly from using a reflector on the subject's LHS. You can buy collapsible reflectors pretty cheap, or you could use a solid white tableclotch or heavy bedsheet.[/advice]

cheers.
                      Yeah, I took it on Sunday. Would it be practical to carry a reflector around in the 3rd World? How big are we talking?

Comment

• Pacific City, Oregon. Taken with a Canon 7D body, 17-40mm lens with an ND filter. f22, can't remember the shutter speed.

Still haven't done much with HDR. I take the bracketed exposures from time to time, but I haven't downloaded an HDR program yet.
                        Attached Files
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• I dig that second one, NWC.

Comment

• Thanks!

Still trying to figure out how to post the image directly. I can't copy/paste for some reason.
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              Thanks!

Still trying to figure out how to post the image directly. I can't copy/paste for some reason.
                              I link from my facebook account. Just use the image icon and put in the link url.

Comment

• Thanks wuap. I'll do that from now on.
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X