X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorgeous

Comment

• Into the Fiordland and mountains.
      Milford Sound is otherworldly. The sound is so narrow and the cliffs so sheer that it's hard to understand how tall these peaks are. The tallest are 5-6000 feet from the sea level.
      BE7A3711.jpg
      For reference, here's the tallest cruise ship I've seen:
      BE7A3727.jpg
      These falls are about 500 feet.
      BE7A3771.jpg
      On the Routeburn track, where the harsh sun harmed my pics . Still, these mountains surround you for nearly 360 degrees:
      BE7A3844_1.jpg
      BE7A3855_1-2.jpg
      I nearly didn't take my camera, hemming and hawing about the space and worry it was going to take. I'm glad I did. I know these aren't masterpieces, but they're betting than what I would have gotten with my phone.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• What camera did you use?
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          What camera did you use?
          Canon R6. I was mostly shooting with a 15-35mm lens. For the birds I had a 70-200mm zoom lens with a 2X extender.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
            I nearly didn't take my camera, hemming and hawing about the space and worry it was going to take. I'm glad I did. I know these aren't masterpieces, but they're betting than what I would have gotten with my phone.
            Thanks for bringing your camera! Makes me want to get out again and shoot more landscapes.

Comment

• Local grist mill (Woodland, Washington). 30 second long exposure.

Comment

• Ooh very moody.

What kind of filter are you using to get a 30 second exposure?
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• Very nice.

Comment

Ooh very moody.

What kind of filter are you using to get a 30 second exposure?
                    6 stop ND + Circular Polarizer

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post

6 stop ND + Circular Polarizer
                      I almost got a circular ND, but when I bought the R6 I was lulled by Lee filters, reasoning I would have more than 1 size of lens. I have a 6 and a 10 stop, and some graduated filters. They are bulky enough that I only bring them out when I have a tripod. Even then, I haven't gotten very proficient using them. I use the ND filters much more.
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

I almost got a circular ND, but when I bought the R6 I was lulled by Lee filters, reasoning I would have more than 1 size of lens. I have a 6 and a 10 stop, and some graduated filters. They are bulky enough that I only bring them out when I have a tripod. Even then, I haven't gotten very proficient using them. I use the ND filters much more.
                        Might not have been clear, I had 2 filters stacked. A 6 stop ND (circular) and a CP (to kill water reflections).

I've heard good things about the Lee system, but the 3 lenses I use the most all take 77mm filters. The ultra-wide RF 14-35 f/4L which is hopefully my next lens also takes 77mm. If I ever get that lens, I'll have the 14 to 560mm focal range covered with the 77mm filters.

Comment

Working...
                        X