Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    I think that last one is my favorite.
    It's mine for sure. Very common bird, but that will end up on my wall somewhere when I get around to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

That's pretty good.

Love the pics, SF. Especially the last two.
      The lines is the 2nd to last are great. Contrasting colors with the red eye. I still like the tree swallow better, but this is a close second. The first 4 are somewhat of an appeal to the judges. The owl and owlet were famous as they nested just above the road. I'm betting they get a ton of images of the pair.

Comment

• My nephew got married last weekend. My daughter was the photographer, so I tagged along as her 2nd.

Comment

• Those are great.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• She's a classic beauty - he's going to regret that suit choice 20 years from now.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
              She's a classic beauty - he's going to regret that suit choice 20 years from now.
              Regret wearing blue?
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

Regret wearing blue?
                Probably the fit (slim, flood-length pants). In 10 years they will look awful, but in 20 years they will look good again. The mission belt "box out" style belt buckle is the far greater faux pas; way too casual to wear with a suit, let alone your wedding suit.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

Probably the fit (slim, flood-length pants). In 10 years they will look awful, but in 20 years they will look good again. The mission belt "box out" style belt buckle is the far greater faux pas; way too casual to wear with a suit, let alone your wedding suit.
                  I've never liked those Mission Belts, or any of the 50 similar brands

One thing I think (hope) that this guy will regret is wearing light colored socks with his dark suit. I have noticed that light colored and even white socks with dark pants have started coming back with kids. And I'm not talking about your average fashion clueless deacon. These are people who notice trends and put some thought into their clothing.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Not sure where to put this, but since photography was involved, why not here? I had a great day today (I may have mentioned how supernal retirement is). I had a nice round of golf, made a fine lunch for me and the missus, and then off to SF (no hypodermic needles or feces spotted!) to spend the afternoon atop filsdepac's roof in the Marina District being entertained by the Blue Angels (it's Fleet Week here). And then a nice Italian dinner while watching the Giants go one up on the Bums. The pics below are courtesy of Mrs. PAC.
                    62D67C09-0405-419D-906A-FA33AEC933F8.jpeg

217B3CA3-A05C-41BA-98BB-241ECBDB434F.jpeg

47EF8239-1E27-4367-9BE0-E4C9655A32AB.jpeg
                    B7CA682F-4436-497B-BDF8-E1388B79D7AF.jpeg

Comment

• Where did you play?

Comment

• I'm a little jealous.

Comment

Where did you play?
                          Not Olympic this time--just my local track (Callippe Preserve) which is actually a pretty nice public course.

Comment

• Sorry - I couldn't help - but Callippe looks like a great muni. Top 50 USA - very active tournament schedule - reasonable prices - open front (good scoring) - scenic back nine with plenty of elevation change. Nice to place historic courses once in a while - but everyone needs a local track. Callippe seems like a place that I would enjoy.

BTW - my daughter and SIL just moved to Walnut Grove - he's in Podiatry School in Oakland. Next year when I visit them - perhaps we could play a round.

Comment

Sorry - I couldn't help - but Callippe looks like a great muni. Top 50 USA - very active tournament schedule - reasonable prices - open front (good scoring) - scenic back nine with plenty of elevation change. Nice to place historic courses once in a while - but everyone needs a local track. Callippe seems like a place that I would enjoy.

BTW - my daughter and SIL just moved to Walnut Grove - he's in Podiatry School in Oakland. Next year when I visit them - perhaps we could play a round.
                              Wow, you did your due diligence and. your summary of the front and back is accurate (and one reason I walked the front but rode the back yesterday). I'd love to host you for a round when you're in the area. Warning, the 18th is nasty.

Comment

• Been a while. Yachats, OR this past summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X