No announcement yet.

The COSTCO Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found out today that Costco Canada ended things with AmEx last year and now have a deal with Master Card. I have one, but can't say I've ever used it.
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Costco selects Visa.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...?utm_hp_ref=tw
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Interesting. Does this mean you'll be able to use any Visa there? Or only the Costco-branded Visa?
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Interesting. Does this mean you'll be able to use any Visa there? Or only the Costco-branded Visa?
          Probably any Visa. Before you could use any AmEx.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Well, my wife will be glad to hear that.
            Not that, sickos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Probably any Visa. Before you could use any AmEx.
              Yes, any Visa (I don't know if it is even possible for a merchant to accept only Visa or MasterCards from one particular bank).

Although Citi won the card, other banks are optimistic that this will be a win for all of them, as they have basically been shut out of the huge market of Costco purchases in the past (on credit card), and are working on ways to encourage their customers to use their cards used at Costco when the time comes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                Yes, any Visa (I don't know if it is even possible for a merchant to accept only Visa or MasterCards from one particular bank).

Although Citi won the card, other banks are optimistic that this will be a win for all of them, as they have basically been shut out of the huge market of Costco purchases in the past (on credit card), and are working on ways to encourage their customers to use their cards used at Costco when the time comes.
                Odds are that my spouse is already in the process of canceling our Fidelity Amex card (used only for Costco) and Fidelity Master Card (everything else) and shfiting everything to a new Fidelity Visa card. So it isn't a win for Fidelity since it's just a changing of accounts but not sure if that counts as a win for BOA. We like using Fidelity since it's where the majority of our retirments funds are kept as well as most of our other savings. The credit cards are tied to our kid's 529 plans.
                “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                  Odds are that my spouse is already in the process of canceling our Fidelity Amex card (used only for Costco) and Fidelity Master Card (everything else) and shfiting everything to a new Fidelity Visa card. So it isn't a win for Fidelity since it's just a changing of accounts but not sure if that counts as a win for BOA. We like using Fidelity since it's where the majority of our retirments funds are kept as well as most of our other savings. The credit cards are tied to our kid's 529 plans.
                  Unless you don't plan to visit Costco in the next year, she might want to hold off on making the switch.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• tomatillo avocado salsa.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      tomatillo avocado salsa.
                      Those would be awesome with these tortillas they sell at select Costco locations. They're uncooked tortillas and you actually cook them at home. Super delicious. Has anyone else had them?

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        Those would be awesome with these tortillas they sell at select Costco locations. They're uncooked tortillas and you actually cook them at home. Super delicious. Has anyone else had them?
                        they're good
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          Love 'em.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                            they're good
                            Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Love 'em.
                            HLS
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              HLS
                              Don't love that acronym.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• costco-kirkland-smoked-pulled-pork-web.jpg

Gluten free!
                                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
                                X