I just reserved a new Ford Bronco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
    I can't see commuting long distances in one. And who knows what kind of mileage it will get. The base engine is supposed to be over 300 hp, and the optional engine over 400. It looks like Ford is putting turbo motors in everything from here on.
    The base 4 cyl has 270hp w/ 310 lbs/ft torque. The v6 has 310 hp.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Whoa. What color? OJ White?
      I want a red one, but it's looking like the base model comes in white, silver, darker silver, or black. Yeah, white would be good of those four choices.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
        do you have 4 cyl or the I6 on your '07? It sounds like a pretty nice set up, tbh.

FWIW, I am not a huge fan of Apple Carplay and adding a stereo that will connect via CP and adding an incline meter is not a big deal. Wheel base and torque for pulling are obv an issue.
        Those are just the first two random examples that came to mind. Believe me, lots of new features in the last 13 years - collision avoidance, adaptive cruise control, etc.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I want a red one, but it's looking like the base model comes in white, silver, darker silver, or black. Yeah, white would be good of those four choices.
          Don't get a red one, Scott Nelson. Come on, man.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Don't get a red one, Scott Nelson. Come on, man.
            Every car that I have ever purchased new, if it came in red, I got red.

The first new car I ever bought had two reds, bright red and a darker metallic red. When negotiating with the dealer, I said I wanted a red one. When they asked me if they couldn't get red, what other color would work I answered "the other red".

What I don't want is a boring silver color.

Comment

Those are just the first two random examples that came to mind. Believe me, lots of new features in the last 13 years - collision avoidance, adaptive cruise control, etc.
              Collision avoidance and adaptive cruise control are irritating to me. I turn them off, and just pay attention to where I'm going. If you've got the vehicle mainly for offroad capabilities, why bother with those bells and whistles?

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                Collision avoidance and adaptive cruise control are irritating to me. I turn them off, and just pay attention to where I'm going. If you've got the vehicle mainly for offroad capabilities, why bother with those bells and whistles?
                I specifically DON'T want those features. They come in one of the packages that I will not get. I don't want the car doing ANYTHING automatically for me if I can get a newer car that way. I don't even want the car to lock the doors when I go over some speed.

I don't want keyless ignition either, but you can't buy Fords anymore without that feature.

Comment

adaptive cruise control is the best car feature in a very long time
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    Not a fan of CarPlay? WTH, man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Sorry. It’s fine sometimes. But on balance I prefer my car’s systems without it and like most things Apple it tries to take over too often and too much.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      adaptive cruise control is the best car feature in a very long time
                      If executed well. I’ve used a few different versions and some are better than others. But if done well it is very useful in traffic. Not so sure it would be very helpful on a trail, however.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                        Sorry. It’s fine sometimes. But on balance I prefer my car’s systems without it and like most things Apple it tries to take over too often and too much.
                        I don’t see the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I specifically DON'T want those features. They come in one of the packages that I will not get. I don't want the car doing ANYTHING automatically for me if I can get a newer car that way. I don't even want the car to lock the doors when I go over some speed.

I don't want keyless ignition either, but you can't buy Fords anymore without that feature.
                          Sorry, but this makes zero sense. What on earth do you have against a feature that stops you right before you have a collision but otherwise does not impact your driving experience in any way?

Do you dismantle your ABS as well? What about traction control?

Comment

Sorry, but this makes zero sense. What on earth do you have against a feature that stops you right before you have a collision but otherwise does not impact your driving experience in any way?

Collision avoidance is hard to argue with, IMO, although my wife/'s car sometimes dislikes pulling too far into the garage. But that occasional annoyance seems well worth the value of the system.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

He has a right, as an American, to have that collision. He doesn't need any overlords stopping him.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                                He has a right, as an American, to have that collision. He doesn't need any overlords stopping him.
                                Exactly. It sounds like Satan's plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X