Anagrams

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Solon
    Lost in the flood
    • Nov 2008
    • 5747

    #1

    Anagrams

    Years ago, I read an article in Sports Illustrated where the author anagrammed the names of famous athletes to understand their personalities. It was really clever.

    Over the past few days, I've been killing time here and there by anagramming some CUF monikers. I'm sure you can improve these results since I just did quick-and-dirty searches for fun during 2-minute breaks.

    I use this site: http://wordsmith.org/anagram/index.html

    Please don't be offended if I skipped your name, or you think the anagram is lame. None of this is mean-spirited, some names just don't have anagrams, and I eventually grew bored with it. Also, I avoided listing dirty or obscene ones, but there are some doozies.

    Jeff Lebowski: Joke fibs flew.

    Creekster: scree trek.

    Mormon Red Death: The madder moron

    Seattle Ute: Tautest Eel

    Non sequitur: unique snort

    Triplet Daddy: Lad typed dirt.

    Il Padrino Ute: Editorial Pun / Utopian Idler

    Rosebud: bored us

    Palo Alto Cougar: Alpaca Logo Tour

    Pelagius: Ague lips / Is plague

    Steelblue : see bullet

    All-american: anal miracle

    Utah Dan: Haunt Ad (it’s clever – say it out loud)

    Sleeping in Elders Quorum: Liquor engenders impulse.

    Marsupial: puma’s lair

    Katy Lied: Idly Take

    Husky Free Northwest: Runs Hefty Worksheet

    Jarid in Cedar: Acid Jar Diner

    Wuapinmon: Noun – a wimp / I am own pun.

    Robin Finderson: Bird of no sinner (extra-clever, IMO)

    Scottie: tic-toes

    Indy Coug: Con-ID Guy

    Mike Waters: Mister Weak
    [not a CUF poster, but too funny to omit.]

    Utestar: Stature / Treat us

    Teenage Dirtbag: Dinette Garbage

    The Tick: Thicket

    Rocky Balboa: a crabby look

    Smoky mountain rain: outrank my insomnia

    Pellegrino: rolling pee

    Ohio blue: hobo lieu

    Orange Ute: Entourage

    Mindful coug: fuming cloud

    Cougar Ute Forum: Acute Rumour Fog

    Please improve on these and add others.

    --loons
    "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
    -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)
  • Art Vandelay
    Striving for mediocrity
    • Jul 2009
    • 10516

    #2
    Art Vandelay- Can I just stick with George Constanza instead of "Anal Yard Vet"?

    Comment

    • Fiyero
      Banned
      • Nov 2008
      • 5266

      #3
      Austin Collie: Nails Cute Oil

      Comment

      • I.J. Reilly
        Nobody's Fool
        • Apr 2009
        • 2949

        #4
        Some of these are pretty funny. And I'd like to think you are talking about me when you say, "some names just don't have anagrams". I am unable to be anagrammed. I don't know what that means, but I bet it goes back to the Matrix.

        Comment

        • Babs
          Not a Lawyer
          • Nov 2008
          • 17128

          #5
          Originally posted by Solon View Post

          Jeff Lebowski: Joke fibs flew.

          Creekster: scree trek.

          Mormon Red Death: The madder moron

          Seattle Ute: Tautest Eel

          Non sequitur: unique snort

          Triplet Daddy: Lad typed dirt.

          Il Padrino Ute: Editorial Pun / Utopian Idler

          Rosebud: bored us

          Palo Alto Cougar: Alpaca Logo Tour

          Pelagius: Ague lips / Is plague

          Steelblue : see bullet

          All-american: anal miracle

          Utah Dan: Haunt Ad (it’s clever – say it out loud)

          Sleeping in Elders Quorum: Liquor engenders impulse.

          Marsupial: puma’s lair

          Katy Lied: Idly Take

          Husky Free Northwest: Runs Hefty Worksheet

          Jarid in Cedar: Acid Jar Diner

          Wuapinmon: Noun – a wimp / I am own pun.

          Robin Finderson: Bird of no sinner (extra-clever, IMO)

          Scottie: tic-toes

          Indy Coug: Con-ID Guy

          Mike Waters: Mister Weak
          [not a CUF poster, but too funny to omit.]

          Utestar: Stature / Treat us

          Teenage Dirtbag: Dinette Garbage

          The Tick: Thicket

          Rocky Balboa: a crabby look

          Smoky mountain rain: outrank my insomnia

          Pellegrino: rolling pee

          Ohio blue: hobo lieu

          Orange Ute: Entourage

          Mindful coug: fuming cloud

          Cougar Ute Forum: Acute Rumour Fog

          Please improve on these and add others.

          --loons
          harumph.

          Comment

          • smokymountainrain
            Impressive Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 22593

            #6
            Originally posted by Solon View Post
            I avoided listing dirty or obscene ones,
            You do understand that your target audience are CUF posters, right?
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

            Comment

            • Jarid in Cedar
              CS Institutional Memory
              • Jun 2009
              • 13234

              #7
              Originally posted by Solon View Post

              Jarid in Cedar: Acid Jar Diner

              Cougar Ute Forum: Acute Rumour Fog

              Please improve on these and add others.

              --loons
              These two explain alot.
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

              "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

              "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

              -Rick Majerus

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69706

                #8
                Originally posted by Babs View Post
                harumph.
                Barbara Gordon: Board Bra Organ

                (yikes)
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • falafel
                  loves to talk on things
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 37987

                  #9
                  Some of these are too perfect.

                  Originally posted by Solon View Post
                  Seattle Ute: Tautest Eel

                  Triplet Daddy: Lad typed dirt.

                  Rosebud: bored us

                  Pelagius: Ague lips / Is plague

                  All-american: anal miracle

                  Husky Free Northwest: Runs Hefty Worksheet

                  Wuapinmon: Noun – a wimp / I am own pun.

                  Rocky Balboa: a crabby look

                  Mindful coug: fuming cloud

                  Cougar Ute Forum: Acute Rumour Fog
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                  Dig your own grave, and save!

                  "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                  "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • Babs
                    Not a Lawyer
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 17128

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Barbara Gordon: Board Bra Organ

                    (yikes)
                    A Rag-Born Broad

                    Comment

                    • Babs
                      Not a Lawyer
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 17128

                      #11
                      Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      Some of these are too perfect.
                      I imagine "scree" must be the sound our resident chimp makes as he treks through the jungle.

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #12
                        These are very clever, Solon. Nice job.

                        And JeffLebowski's Babes anagram is also hi-larious!
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • Fiyero
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 5266

                          #13
                          Brigham Young University: Uneasy virgin bum hit orgy

                          Comment

                          • smokymountainrain
                            Impressive Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22593

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                            Brigham Young University: Uneasy virgin bum hit orgy
                            hysterical
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #15
                              Fiesta Bowl: Twas Foible
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...