No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden fresh tomatoes on toasted bread. It doesn't get much better than that. Too bad my tomatoes are from Costco.

Comment

• You would think by the middle of January, people in Utah would remember how to drive in the snow. On my walk today, I saw 3 cars slide thru stop signs and two cars fail to make turns and end up on the other side of the street. This was with about three inches of snow on the ground.

It actually started snow while I was about 1 mile into my walk and by the time I had finished there were 3 inches on the ground.

I must have been a sight - three people offer the dog and me rides home - people I don't know form Adam
      Last edited by happyone; 01-10-2013, 06:58 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Skywriting pilot above Epcot just spelled out "Ruin to Jesus". Pretty sure he either misspelled run or is the antichrist.
        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by nikuman View Post
          Skywriting pilot above Epcot just spelled out "Ruin to Jesus". Pretty sure he either misspelled run or is the antichrist.
          Friggin atheists.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by nikuman View Post
            Skywriting pilot above Epcot just spelled out "Ruin to Jesus". Pretty sure he either misspelled run or is the antichrist.
            We were trying to figure it out. Even the missus was all wth?

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              We were trying to figure it out. Even the missus was all wth?
              My daughter and I spent a full 20 minutes giggling and taking pictures. I am going to wager that the client was not happy.
              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

• Wow, drug dealers in Utah valley are pretty young...

Provo Police say they are unraveling an elaborate drug trafficking operation run by a 14-year-old student who recruited 11-year-olds to do his dirty work.

"He would come to Franklin [Elementary School]. He would give the students, the sixth-graders, money. They would then go to an address he gave them to buy the drugs. They would buy the drugs, come back out and then give him the drugs back," said Provo Police Lt. Mathew Siufanua.

The eighth-grader would then allegedly use some of the drugs and sell the rest. He paid the sixth-graders by allowing them to get high with some of the marijuana and the synthetic form of marijuana called spice, police said.

"They very well could've taken it into the school and exposing all the younger first-graders and kindergarten," Siufanua said.
                [...]
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Jessica Simpson is on Leno right now and she looks, uh, pregnant.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• For those who've ever worked at home with a cat around:

“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                      ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                      -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                      --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                        For those who've ever worked at home with a cat around:

Or a 16-month old baby.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• WTF, I thought we wanted more term limits, not less.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hjres15
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• My 8 year-old daughter:

I hate Saturdays. All we do is work work work. During the week I have homework. Sunday is no fun because of church. Saturday is the only day for fun and you ruin it by making me work.

via a galaxy s3 far far away
                            "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post
                              My 8 year-old daughter:

I hate Saturdays. All we do is work work work. During the week I have homework. Sunday is no fun because of church. Saturday is the only day for fun and you ruin it by making me work.

via a galaxy s3 far far away
                              I'm with your daughter. I detested (still do, actually) the Primary song, "Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday", in which one sings the various chores one does to get ready for church. Man, I hated singing that.

Saturday is a day for ballgames, bike rides, movies, playing with kids and friends, etc., since the next day is going to be, well, not as fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                I'm with your daughter. I detested (still do, actually) the Primary song, "Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday", in which one sings the various chores one does to get ready for church. Man, I hated singing that.

Saturday is a day for ballgames, bike rides, movies, playing with kids and friends, etc., since the next day is going to be, well, not as fun.
                                My work schedule routinely affects our Saturday fun. This is why we are lenient, in regards to Sunday worship. We go to church regularly but feel it is exceptable to do activities as a family that others may shy away from. Going to the lake, stopping to eat at the mexican resturante on the way home from church (we live in the land of Baptist...people hardly notice that we are in our Sunday best), catching a movie, etc.
                                I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Working...
                                X