No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I got letters in the mail more often, something worthy of all the awesome letter openers I've inherited lately.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

When I got home from my mission one of my greatest disappointments and surprises was that many of my weekly letters home were sitting on the counter or in a trash bin right next to the counter unopened.

Comment

Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
        When I got home from my mission one of my greatest disappointments and surprises was that many of my weekly letters home were sitting on the counter or in a trash bin right next to the counter unopened.
        Maybe they didn't have any cool letter openers, at least nothing worthy of fine missives like yours (sorry, man, that really sucks).
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

In the movies the stereotypical Russian regularly prefaces things by saying, "In my country..."

Comment

These Cheezits are fantastic!
            Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

[YOUTUBE]4S3C4AC908w[/YOUTUBE]
              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

How much money does my company really save by turning off the air conditioning over the weekend, only to sweat out their employees each Monday morning?
                Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
                  ?? I hope you are joking.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    I know; I was a little horrified by this as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Nope, not a joke. And it wasn't the most surprising thing I discovered when I returned home. I think I can safely place it in the top 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
                        Nope, not a joke. And it wasn't the most surprising thing I discovered when I returned home. I think I can safely place it in the top 5.

Well now you have to share......come on.

Comment

• Agreed. Out with it! We'll help you put it all behind you.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Agreed. Out with it! We'll help you put it all behind you.
                            Thanks for the offer. It's all pretty much in the rear view mirror, and I don't really worry about it now. None of it is nearly as comically sad as the letters; it's all just more in the straight up sad realm. It is on this basis that I will keep the info to myself, plus, I don't want to make this thread about me. If anyone really wants to know more about it I would be open to telling a little more in a boardmail.

wuap's random thought about wanting to get letters just made me think of the last handwritten letters I did which led me to remember about that. Perhaps that will be one of the things I forget when I get old and have Alzhimers.

Comment

• Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
                              Thanks for the offer. It's all pretty much in the rear view mirror, and I don't really worry about it now. None of it is nearly as comically sad as the letters; it's all just more in the straight up sad realm. It is on this basis that I will keep the info to myself, plus, I don't want to make this thread about me. If anyone really wants to know more about it I would be open to telling a little more in a boardmail.

wuap's random thought about wanting to get letters just made me think of the last handwritten letters I did which led me to remember about that. Perhaps that will be one of the things I forget when I get old and have Alzhimers.
                              Okay, I was a bit to eager. Sorry to hear that you had to experience those things, whatever they were.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                Okay, I was a bit to eager. Sorry to hear that you had to experience those things, whatever they were.
                                Your offer was appreciated. If it was still close it would definitely be helpful to talk it out. As it is, it's been a few years now and things are on the up and up.

Now, a new random thought: I can't help but chew on the caps of Bic pens.

Comment

Working...
                                X